anyone try mahle gold series piston kit?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

turbowagon92

what's up,has anyone tried mahle gold series pistons.i just bought a kit for my h22a1 block.my block is already built with forged 11.5:1 pistons,rods etc..but now i am running a turbo set up and need a low compression piston.i saw an ad about mahle gold series pistons,and can be installed without resleeving.is their anyone that has these pistons in their h22a.will their be a problem with installation or direct drop in fit?i am looking for 10lbs of boost out of my turbo set up.:confused:

lots if posts on honda-tech about this. guess ppl to lazy to respond here. I was reading the thread there about it but got to page 8 and i guess HT went down for a bit.

Mahle gold series

I am new here, so hi to yall. I'm just an old internal combustion freak, trying to learn some new stuff. I want to know if anyone has any experience with the Mahle Gold pistons and rings. I am looking to boost my h22 in my 91 accord. The motor is not worn at all...JDM '96 closed deck. I just tore it down and miked it all out...no wear:p ...but I don't know much about the frm sleves:confused: , except that the mercedes and porche 944 use them. I need to find out how much boost I can put on this combo ( and have it live!!!). Also can i run "no gap" rings? Looking to run about 400 Hp and have decent reliability. Ihave looked in quite a few forums and got no answers. Anyone have any???

you can run no gap rings, but i wouldnt recommend it. ive heard of people doing this, but ive never seen an h22 with mahle pistons. If youve already got the block honed then thatll usually save you the problems that most people have with the mahles. a lot of people see "out of the box performance" and think it means they can just put new pistons in without honing the block.

i dont recommend using them, but from the stuff ive seen lately, they are starting to look like a viable alternative. However, if youve got the cash, sleeving and going with normal pistons is the better idea.

Back