Anyone up for Ski/Snowboarding????

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Turbo&Auto

Nick Go FAST!!
I goto Camelback pretty regularly but will make a trip to Mountain Creek if people would rather go there. Anyone interested in a winter mini-meet snowboarding trip????

there's no snow this winter. i hate fake snow...

Do you ride/ski enough to be able to actually tell the difference? Snow is snow for 90% of the people on the hill. The only people who really have the right to bitch are boarders in the parks/pipe and people on the race runs where it can really effect performance.

Fake snow is the hot shit to ride on. Real snow is VERY VERY VERY slow.....

Do you ride/ski enough to be able to actually tell the difference? Snow is snow for 90% of the people on the hill. The only people who really have the right to bitch are boarders in the parks/pipe and people on the race runs where it can really effect performance.

...or any amateur that can't dig his edge in because fake snow is usually hard frozen pellets which makes carving that much more difficult.

For day I went boarding, I went on an iced over hill. I sucked, I couldn't stop or do anything, despite the fact that I had skateboarded for quite awhile when I was younger and was very good.

Next time I go, we get on some actual real powder. Guess who picked up that shit real quick and was going down black diamonds?

...or any amateur that can't dig his edge in because fake snow is usually hard frozen pellets which makes carving that much more difficult.

For day I went boarding, I went on an iced over hill. I sucked, I couldn't stop or do anything, despite the fact that I had skateboarded for quite awhile when I was younger and was very good.

Next time I go, we get on some actual real powder. Guess who picked up that shit real quick and was going down black diamonds?

Um I am from the Midwest and all we have is fake snow for the most part. Learned on fake snow, taught people on fake snow and I have never seen "hard frozen pellets" I admit fake snow is more grainy than the real stuff but if it is groomed turning on it is not that difficult. Now the problem may lay in the fact that it was icey that day and ice is a bitch no matter what type of snow is on it.

Oh yeah skateboarding has nothing to do with snowboarding not even close its apples to oranges. That is like saying that snowboarding is like surfing or wake boarding too. It is all different.

fake snow blows ass.

it gets torn up way too easy, and you're left with an ice rink instead of a snow hill.

This is a good point, the mountain needs to maintain well if they're all fake snow.

Skateboarding relates slightly. You carve kinda the same, just feels different on the snow. I skateboarded for years, then picked up a snowboard one day. I picked it up in a day, self tought. Been riding for about 15years now, I love it :)

while i'm far from an expert snowboarder, i can get my way down a hill ok...

that said, i can't go 3 feet on a skate board without biting it.

I am the same way I sucked at skateboarding - I think that it has something to do with the fact that I skate around the mountain riding goofy but when I am on the runs I am riding regular foot. I am right handed for everything except when it comes to kicking or leg moves.

I worked a whole season on riding either goofy or regular. I can ride almost as good goofy as I do regular now. LOTS of spills hitting jumps switch in the beginning :lol:

I can ride down adequately goofy but regular is my preference when riding. I for the life of my cannot skate around the mountain regular foot. I always catch hell from my friends for being a mutant snowboarder.

On a side note - what do you ride in terms of gear?

I'm 6'1" 200lbs. I used to ride a Forum JP Walker 159 that I loved. I bought the Salomon cause it was suppossed to be hot shit, and it is. :) I went a lil shorter because I'm riding the whole mountain less and less as I get older. I usually just tear up the park.

Yeah I used to ride a shorter board as well but I really like my Yukon as it is still flexible, but it really helps with toe drag from my size 13 boots because it is wider.
How often do you get out? I have a limited season pass (one ticket a week) at a local hill.

Cascade Mountain

I didnt buy a season pass this year, thank god. The mountains just finally fully opened. I usually go a couple times during the week and then on Sunday nights with a crew of people.

I wear a 13 too, the DB is a mid-wide. I dont like the wide's, too wide for my taste, but this is a good mix of the 2. Gas pedals FTW!!! :lol:

i have a burton twin 152 (aka the Ouiji Board). i got it like 3rd or 4th hand back in highschool. i should probably upgrade, but i don't go enough to make it worth while. Plus, those things are rare as hell for some reason. i should ebay it for a nice chuck of change

i have a burton twin 152 (aka the Ouiji Board). i got it like 3rd or 4th hand back in highschool. i should probably upgrade, but i don't go enough to make it worth while. Plus, those things are rare as hell for some reason. i should ebay it for a nice chuck of change
god damn, a 152? you should be on at least a 160. that thing must be a skate board underneath you.

Back