Anyone up for Ski/Snowboarding????

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

i think its a 152... maybe its a 158? fuck i don't remember... been 3 years since i took it out of my parent's shed.... damn lame ass winters.

anyway, its got a ouiji board on it... 123445 KLMNOP shit.... ying/yang; sun/moon, good/bad, aka why they call it the TWIN

i'll see if i can find a pic

Attachments

• snowboard1.JPG
    snowboard1.JPG
    80.6 KB · Views: 115
  • snowboard2.JPG
    snowboard2.JPG
    36.2 KB · Views: 110
AHHH ok. They came out with retro Burtons last year remaking those Original Burton Twins.

You guys don't have snow there. And those aren't mountains. They're foothills.

Come to WA and I'll take you to the most snow in the world. Yeah you heard me. The most snow in the world. Within an hour drive :).

192 Inch Base. World record in 98 and on track to beat it this year.

WOOT for me :) I may take you up on that, not sure for this year with the house renovating and the baby on the way, but definately next year if thats ok :)

WOOT for me :) I may take you up on that, not sure for this year with the house renovating and the baby on the way, but definately next year if thats ok :)
of course man. bring the wife and kid to if you want. i'm guessing there will be a good season again next year to.

I love to snowboard. Sadly Mountain Creek is the closest to me so that's were I usually go. I was going to go to Quebec this winter but I thought you needed a passport even if you were driving in, so I didn't book it b/c I don't have one. I really want to go to Chile though. It's actually not that expensive either.

But back to topic... Tell me what day you want to go and I'll meet you guys at the Creek.

of course man. bring the wife and kid to if you want. i'm guessing there will be a good season again next year to.

Fuck yeah there will be. I'm buying a seasons pass for sure. Not sure though. I love baker. Hour drive. Most snow in the world. Tons of back country.

But Stevens has the biggest park on the west coast. It's huge. 60ft kickers, etc. I can't get enough, and night skiing is amazing.

Thanks for the offer Nick, I'll be talking to you about it :)

Slush, we may goto the creek next weekend. I'll let you know when we have the day and time set :)

Um I am from the Midwest and all we have is fake snow for the most part. Learned on fake snow, taught people on fake snow and I have never seen "hard frozen pellets" I admit fake snow is more grainy than the real stuff but if it is groomed turning on it is not that difficult. Now the problem may lay in the fact that it was icey that day and ice is a bitch no matter what type of snow is on it.

Oh yeah skateboarding has nothing to do with snowboarding not even close its apples to oranges. That is like saying that snowboarding is like surfing or wake boarding too. It is all different.

Lol they're all related to a degree.

So it would be a smart assumption to say they're alike.

Look at how many pro skateboarders, snowboard, or wakeboard. Look at Tony Hawk.

I have only went snowboarding a handful of times and am no expert by any means, but due to my ability to skate, I can still go goofy or regular. On a skateboard, it took me quite awhile to work on and be that comfortable transitioning from goofy to regular and making it all flow natural.

Last edited:
Ive been riding for about 11 yrs now, I love it. I have an all east seasons pass...ive been out about 20 times this season...I ride an 07 burton malolo 166 with salomon relay pro bindings. I also have an 02 burton bmc 162 with salomon spx pro bindings, and lastly but not least my second board ever that i dont ride much anymore, a 99 burton rippey 156 with burton cfx bindings. :) I like having a fleet of full setups...im not a swap the bindings at the mountain kinda guy...id rather just go grab one of my other setups. Needless to say ive only really ridden the northeast...im tryin to plan a trip out west next yr to ride some serious pow pow.

Word. Pow Pow is the shit. Nothing like getting huge air and landing waist deep.

I skateboarded for years until I fractured my ankle in the exact same spot three times and was told my bone would surely split vertically if it were to happen again. I was damn good and still keep my board in my trunk to have some fun every so often. Either way, I've never been snowboarding and want to try it so bad. Hell, the only snow I've seen was flurries lol. Never even stepped foot in a pile of snow. My uncle lives in CT(I'll find out where) and owns a LAN cafe there. He offered for me to run it for a while and live at his place... Maybe next winter I'll take a semester off(Sure I'll quit my current job by then) and go up there to meet up with some of you and snowboard. I will put money on the fact that I could cut corners and balance fine within just a couple tries. I can tear some shit up on a skateboard. Then again, I have no idea =P

I used to skate for a few years. Tried snowboarding and it was cake for me.

Back