1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Anyone use the ZEX torque convertor?

Discussion in 'HYBRID -> EG-EK / DC' started by integrawow, May 23, 2006.

1. integrawow

integrawow Member

Does anyone use the ZEX torque convertor? If so, how does it stack up compared to a manual tranny?

I know that you may not be able to outrun the manual tranny guys, but you should be able to get close when using a higher stall convertor.

Also, is there a company that makes lower gear sets for the d-series auto trannies?

2. wanderinman

wanderinman Senior Member

Even if your not losing anything at the torque converter your still down a gear (or two) on the manual guys, which is wear the auto really hurts you.

However, relish your lack of clutch pedal in rush hour traffic.

3. phyregod

phyregod !!YTINASNI

Torque converter??? wha??

Remove it! immediately!

4. integrawow

integrawow Member

Is there a company that sells lower ratio gear sets for the auto tranny's?

I realize that stick cars are always going to be a little bit faster than the auto cars. The only problem that I may encounter when installing a lower gear set into an auto tranny is that the ECU might get a little bit pissed off.

5. Turbo&Auto

Turbo&Auto Nick Go FAST!!

Levelten.com

They make all kinds of performance auto's. Nothing wrong with an auto box, a lot of the serious Supra racers switched back to an auto. More consistant.

6. integrawow

integrawow Member

I agree! The hell with missing a shift. I really would like to have a stick shift civic, but finding one isn't too easy. We have several spare auto tranny's at the shop. The sticks may be a little faster, but I figure with a better gear set and a minimum of a 3000 stall convertor, I could get really close.

Hey Turbo-n-Auto, what automatic setup do you run?

7. Turbo&Auto

Turbo&Auto Nick Go FAST!!

Now I have a Level10 Billet TQ converter, Hydro upgrade, and their Buleltproof clutchpacks and other internals. Its good for 475whp. I plan on making around 400whp, so this tranny was ideal for me. 4500 though :cry2:

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted