Anyone use the ZEX torque convertor?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Does anyone use the ZEX torque convertor? If so, how does it stack up compared to a manual tranny?

I know that you may not be able to outrun the manual tranny guys, but you should be able to get close when using a higher stall convertor.

Also, is there a company that makes lower gear sets for the d-series auto trannies?

Even if your not losing anything at the torque converter your still down a gear (or two) on the manual guys, which is wear the auto really hurts you.

However, relish your lack of clutch pedal in rush hour traffic.

Is there a company that sells lower ratio gear sets for the auto tranny's?

I realize that stick cars are always going to be a little bit faster than the auto cars. The only problem that I may encounter when installing a lower gear set into an auto tranny is that the ECU might get a little bit pissed off.

Levelten.com

They make all kinds of performance auto's. Nothing wrong with an auto box, a lot of the serious Supra racers switched back to an auto. More consistant.

I agree! The hell with missing a shift. I really would like to have a stick shift civic, but finding one isn't too easy. We have several spare auto tranny's at the shop. The sticks may be a little faster, but I figure with a better gear set and a minimum of a 3000 stall convertor, I could get really close.

Hey Turbo-n-Auto, what automatic setup do you run?

Now I have a Level10 Billet TQ converter, Hydro upgrade, and their Buleltproof clutchpacks and other internals. Its good for 475whp. I plan on making around 400whp, so this tranny was ideal for me. 4500 though :cry:

Back