Anyone use these pistons before?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Newfie_Sol

Does anyone have any experience with pistons like these?

94-00 1.6L Honda Delsol D16A3 Performance Pistons Rings - (eBay.ca item 280322630618 end time 12-Apr-09 19:17:29 EDT)

I want to install them on a B16A3 from a 94 Del Sol.. the seller said the may not fit my car.. but he cannot tell me.. I was thinking it just sounded like something to cover his own butt..

So basically I was wondering if anyone used these with a stock B16A3 Cam and head.. stock Rods... basically stock everything...

Thanks

I just noticed it the title of the page states D16A3... that's a typo by the seller.... in the auction it states that its for the B series engine...

Ive heard of NPR before, but I cant member rather I heard good or bad. In for the answer.

i personaly wouldnt but interior thing like pistons off of ebay, mybe things like coilovers ,headers things like that.
but personly not things like pistons,cams,bearings things like that

NPR makes rings, not pistons. Notice that the majority of the item description in that auction is talking about how good the rings are, not the pistons.

Those pistons are junk. Stay away from them.

I guess I never read it as good as civicious.. good point.. lol

Well to rephrase this... I think they are a knock off CTR piston.. please correct me if I'm wrong...

If it is.. am I in error to assume that they will get along with the rest of my stock internals? Valve clearance is my main thought here....

So I did a little reading and found out that NPR stands for Nippon Piston Racing.. and I believe they may also make pistons.. but it also does not say who makes the pistons in this auction.. I'm going to email the seller tomorrow seeing as they are close for tonight and see who makes the actual piston in the auction.

If you can't do it right, don't do it at all. You're better off with stock pistons than crappy aftermarket ones. Save your money and do it right the first time.

civicious
If you can't do it right, don't do it at all. You're better off with stock pistons than crappy aftermarket ones. Save your money and do it right the first time
crappy pistons are better then no pistons..:(

Not really.

'no pistons' will not fail and ruin your motor, causing damage that will cost much more than a decent set of pistons to repair.

Would you rather spend $200 on pistons that could cause $1000 of damage, or $400 on pistons that won't cause damage?

Not really.

'no pistons' will not fail and ruin your motor, causing damage that will cost much more than a decent set of pistons to repair.

Would you rather spend $200 on pistons that could cause $1000 of damage, or $400 on pistons that won't cause damage?

The truth, he speaks it.

I'm still trying to sort out how much damage this OEM piston done..

Attachments

• OEMPiston.jpg
    OEMPiston.jpg
    22.8 KB · Views: 163
Contact JDRoss on here(Crown Honda). A piston set should run roughly $200-$250 for OE ones. Then, just get those NPR rings. Honestly shouldn't cost $400; I sold a new set of OEM CTR pistons to someone in Europe for less than that after shipping fees, etc.

detonation and a very lean condition is what caused that problem are you runing nitrous or a turbo????? is your ecu stock or some sort of aftermarket tune

Detonation was indeed the cause.. it as a totally stock b16a3.. no chip..

but I did notice the rod end cap was put on backwards by the previous owner.. so I'm contemplating if its even worth rebuilding... all the bearings have chatter marks on them.. the motor has about 60 thousand Kms on it since it was rebuild..

I need to see if the crank is in spec before I go any further.. I have been asking around and people seem to think it was a faulty injector.. but I have no idea

Back