Anyone used GM syncromesh fm for grinds?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

BigBoy

WHen shifting at normal rpms its fine. But when i get up to 6-7K and shift, it grinds slightly only sometimes going into 2nd, and all the time into 3rd. Will the syncromesh get rid of em?

Quoted post[/post]]
WHen shifting at normal rpms its fine. But when i get up to 6-7K and shift, it grinds slightly only sometimes going into 2nd, and all the time into 3rd. Will the syncromesh get rid of em?
when I used it, it didn't help my grinding. but it has worked for a lot of other people. try it out. it wouldn't hurt.

I had a grind once in a while at high rpm in second. Royal purple w/FM took care of it. I am told that it is the same as the GM.

Just go to your local honda dealer and get some Honda MTF fluid. That stuff works wonders!! When my car warmed up I always had a grind in 3rd when I went past 5k. Now I can bring it all the way to 8k with no grind whatsoever.

This thread comes up almost weekly, and for some reason its one nobody will call out for being a repost. Maybe it should be in the reference section, lol.

Back