anyone using JIM FAB

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

ek9r

is anyone using jim fab traction bar? i heard its more Streetable than the Z10 bar :feedback:

im not using it....yet :) . but i have heard it is badass, many people say its a better design, including me. i will have one by christmas, ill let you know how it is :)

I'm using the JIMFAB bars now, and had the Z10s before... pretty happy with both of them. The JIMFABs have better geometry, but they don't drive any different than the Z10s. Both are very streetable.

I've got them on my car, but my car hasn't been on the floor yet. :blink: :angry:

I'll get to drive on them eventually, but I've HEARD on the ED chassis, they KICK F'ING ASS.

Calesta, what kind of car are you using them on, and while under hard cornering, do you experiance any understeer?

Do they reduce, or eliminate wheel hop completely? (jim vs. z10)

Originally posted by Calesta@Sep 22 2003, 09:41 PM
Both are very streetable.

i actually emailed jim directly reguarding this. his response:
the
reason we recommend against street use is because they have heim joints,
which are a wear item and if left to wear for a long time 100k+ could lead to
control problems. other than that they are extremely strong.

i dont know if the same is true for the 5th and 6th gen bars, i just wanted to put some info out there in case anyone was wondering.

i put about 1K miles a year on the car so i dont think ill come close to that 100K mark. Thanks for the info :thumbsup:

Originally posted by ek9r@Sep 23 2003, 01:54 PM
Do they reduce, or eliminate wheel hop completely? (jim vs. z10)

They just about eliminate it, but of course your strut and bushing condition will play a factor in determining how much wheel hop you have left. Right now, with brand new shocks, bushings, and the JIMFAB bars, I have zero wheel hop.

Originally posted by ek9r@Sep 23 2003, 02:39 PM
i put about 1K miles a year on the car so i dont think ill come close to that 100K mark. Thanks for the info :thumbsup:

yea, my car is my daily so i put about 10-20k on it a year. but i doubt i will have the car long enough to use up 100k either. and if i do, ill just replace it. and no problem on the info.

Back