Anyone using this fuel and ignition setup?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

I was wondering if anyone has had any luck with this type of fuel management:

http://www.urdusa.com/product_info.php?products_id=120000037

*Before ya'll start bashing me about this, first consider the following:
-Additional injector controllers come in the Turbonetics, Edelbrock, and many more turbo kits that are proven to be okay.
-The additional injector controller sold in the link can be used on any car with fuel injection.
-It is programmable with a PC.
-And I don't have to f#ck with soldering or chipping my ecu. So if I decide to sell the car, I can just unplug it and be done.

I was considering using this along with an MSD BTM for the ignition part.

I want to run 12psi at the most. Do ya'll think that I will be able to run even more? If so, how much more?

I know that people are fixing to start recommending me Hondata, Uberdata, Crome, TurboEdit, AEM, FAST, or even GReddy. I feel that I shouldn't have to run these types of management, mainly because the setup that I am considering does almost all of that sh#t anyway. Of course, I may not however, be able to get the precision that the listed management systems are able to get.

I have a feeling that I'm gonna get bashed for this.

its junk i installed a turbo kit (turbonetics) on a 96 gsr witht his same setup u speak of and it was total junk car did not run right and there is no real way to adjust anything with it. Kid ended up frying the rings in one of his cylinders, because of the fuel management. Anywho point of the story is he ended up going with an obd conversion and running uber and no is making pretty sick power and the car runs like stock. stick with a REAL fuel management and youll be happy

I've heard alot about the benefits and capabilities of Uberdata, and I have visited their website. The only problem I am having though is that I really don't know how to get Uberdata. I understand that you have to download it off of the internet and have to chip your ecu. That's all I know. What do I have to do to get it? I realize that I have to have a computer for it (Duh!). It's not like I can just go down to the store and get it.

I have heard that it is a free download also.

And yes, I understand its capabilities, but I just wanna know how to get it and get it hooked up. I have seen this one webpage that explains how to chip the ecu though, but I will have to refresh my knoweledge about that though.

For uberdata your car needs to be OBD 1 or converted to OBD1 with a conversion harness, you can download uberdata from http://uberdata.pgmfi.org/forum/
You will also need an socketed ecu, chips and a chip burner or the ostrich. You can get the all this from http://www.moates.net/ I think moates will even chip your ECU for you. Other than that the only thing you will need is bigger injectors.

you don't need an extra injector when you have 4 perfectly good ones waiting to be controlled and used.

uberdata is lame... its just, outdated now.
crome beats it by far. tunewtihcrome.com

if you're worried about chipping, solding, and selling it later... pull out your stock ecu, and buy another pre-made p28 from someone or one of our sponsors :)

The msd BTM is a useless product. what seems great in theory, simply doesn't work. Why? because once you go wide-open throttle, the honda oem map runs its closed-loop program.
the btm is only useful at part throttle when you're on open loop, and frnakly, you just don't need an ignition retard at part throttle, because you probably aren't even in boost.

there's a reason chipping is so popular-- its because it works, and works well, for a damn good price.

amen bri. fuck anything but crome pro. for real.

Back