Anyone want to guess what I'm making?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

:squint:

i guess i'd cover it with foil until the last 10 minutes.

Nope, slather it with mixed BBQ sauce and Honey..

And an oven? You're going to put this heavenly meatgasm in a woman's cooking machine?!

I put sugar on the bacon and that was it. Next time I'll use honey.

My chest hurts now. I think I'm going to die in my sleep.

neonmike made it for the superbowl tonight.

pretty good.

was a little dry though. The smoker didn't get the inside hot enough, so we had to throw it in the oven for a bit to get the center to 160 (eating undercooked sausage FTL!) so, i'm guessing the stint in the oven killed its moisture.

very tasty though. will be trying this again :)

I got him for both you guys. I think I'm going to make this thing this weekend.

BTW:
stove_ownership.png

:lmao:

That raw bacon made me start to crave bacon. I guess I'll have to go back to Kroger, dammit.

neonmike made it for the superbowl tonight.

pretty good.

was a little dry though. The smoker didn't get the inside hot enough, so we had to throw it in the oven for a bit to get the center to 160 (eating undercooked sausage FTL!) so, i'm guessing the stint in the oven killed its moisture.

very tasty though. will be trying this again :)

I put it in the oven at 350 for 1 hour. I checked the internal temp, and made sure it got to 160 too. :D

Next time I make it, I'm putting bacon in the center. I'm also going to drench the bacon in honey and sugar, or maybe just put more sugar on the bacon. Dunno.

I had a slice of it for breakfast this morning, and tomorrow morning I'm looking forward to the end piece. <3

It's so good. Yum. Now I'm going to go down and slice a piece off before I go to bed.

I don't have a smoker, so I didn't cook it in one. I thought about a grill, but decided against that since there's no real way to control the temperature. Cooking it in a steel pan worked pretty well I think. I might warm the bacon in the microwave next time and press some grease out, but probably not.

i still don't understand why you'd make it without the crunchy bacon center in the first place. :shrug2:

how'd lady pickles like it?

i dont think the bacon even gets crunchy..

the original recipe says to cook some bacon til it is crunchy and then crumble it and set it aside. then you put a row of that on top of the sausage and then roll the sausage up around the crunchy bacon center. then you roll the bacon weave around the sausage that's around the crunchy bacon center. sheesh. reading, it pwnz.

:slap:

:D

I agree completely dacheat. You have to follow the recipe.

I'm so glad that everyone on here is making this after I posted it. I haven't yet. My gf hates bacon and I'm cutting so I can't have it until I get back from vegas.

:p

You know it.

i did do the crunchy bacon center and it was not bad for attempt one at this recipe let alone attempt one at smokin somthin.

My chest hurts now. I think I'm going to die in my sleep.

Lmao!

I wanted to make it, but itd prally kill me, or make me wish I was dead for a lil while. Looks damn good though.

i did do the crunchy bacon center and it was not bad for attempt one at this recipe let alone attempt one at smokin somthin.

:werd:

came out pretty good... especially for a first attempt...
by the time Porkapalooza rolls around this summer it should be a tried and true recipe :D

Haha i see we have settled on a name for this cholesteral fest

Back