anyone who has done a obd2 swap to a EG esp a LS help me out

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

fitbmx86

Hey guys, got a few questions i need to be answered before i get into my swap, im still acquiring a few parts so i got some time but im looking to put this 96 b18b engine into my car very soon, few questions left are....

The engine was in a crx before my car, it still has the harness attached, distributor, no alternator. What alternator do i need, im going to be using the stock harness from my d15 so will that alternator work with it?

Im not sure what obd version the distribitor is but even if it was a obd 2 version couldn't i just hack up the obd harness and use the plugs from that and wire it into my stock harness?

Is the p75 ecu the best way to go? or how would i go abouts chipping my p06 to run the ls basemaps? i have no idea how to do that but it sounds fine to me since im going to have no use for the p06 after this.

The air conditioning compressor is still on the Block, do i absolutely need the del sol bracket for this to work into my civic? why is it that it needs to be used? it looks as if the way it is right now is fine but i could be wrong.

And just correct me if im wrong, im going to just outline what my idea is of how this all works so i have it right in my head.

Motor will go into my car using a combo of the stock mounts and the ones on my engine, i'll use the stock harness off my d15 along with fuel injectors, all the same wires that are in it so it will plug right into the obd1 ecu that i decide to use. hopefully can use the same altenator and belt, if not i will find one somehow. replace my shift linkage with b series, and put in 94-01 integra axles. help me out if im missing anything guys. im working with a kid who has done this motor into a crx and has done a few other honda swaps but i don;t know if hes ever swapped into a EG before, thanks

Hey guys, got a few questions i need to be answered before i get into my swap, im still acquiring a few parts so i got some time but im looking to put this 96 b18b engine into my car very soon, few questions left are....

The engine was in a crx before my car, it still has the harness attached, distributor, no alternator. What alternator do i need, im going to be using the stock harness from my d15 so will that alternator work with it?

Im not sure what obd version the distribitor is but even if it was a obd 2 version couldn't i just hack up the obd harness and use the plugs from that and wire it into my stock harness?

Is the p75 ecu the best way to go? or how would i go abouts chipping my p06 to run the ls basemaps? i have no idea how to do that but it sounds fine to me since im going to have no use for the p06 after this.

The air conditioning compressor is still on the Block, do i absolutely need the del sol bracket for this to work into my civic? why is it that it needs to be used? it looks as if the way it is right now is fine but i could be wrong.

And just correct me if im wrong, im going to just outline what my idea is of how this all works so i have it right in my head.

Motor will go into my car using a combo of the stock mounts and the ones on my engine, i'll use the stock harness off my d15 along with fuel injectors, all the same wires that are in it so it will plug right into the obd1 ecu that i decide to use. hopefully can use the same altenator and belt, if not i will find one somehow. replace my shift linkage with b series, and put in 94-01 integra axles. help me out if im missing anything guys. im working with a kid who has done this motor into a crx and has done a few other honda swaps but i don;t know if hes ever swapped into a EG before, thanks
That swap is very very straight forward, the problem is it's already been molested.
What injectors are on the LS? Was the CRX converted to obd1 or does the LS have obd0(/2) injectors in it (still)?

That swap would be 100% plug and play if it had all obd2 components and the 96 LS harness.
Your next best bet is to source obd1 components. OBD1 LS injectors, alternator and distributor are easy to find and usually inexpensive.
You can't really decide which alternator to get until you decide which obd you're going to use.
(My EG uses 100% obd2 components running on an obd1 p28 by using the 98 integra harness for plug&play)

Yes, you will use a combination of stock mounts and brackets.
The 94-01 integra axles are also correct.

What you decide to do for the ECU is up to you, p75's are usually near free or free if you have a friend who's swapped. You can use the p06 if you socket/chip it.
(Self plug: I can burn you an LS map for $10 shipped)
The only benefit to chipping the p06 would be future tune-ability. It may cost you between $10 and $30 depending on your method of socketing, if you have a soldering iron, etc. You can easily pick up an obd1 p75 for the same price.

thanks for the help, unfortuantley im not finding any cheap p75s. i've gotten everything else and im pretty much ready to do the swap i just need the obd 1 ECU. im using my obd 1 harness from my d15 and injectors as i've heard from numerous sources that it will work fine with the LS motor. but yea back to the ecu. a local junkyard wants 100 for a 94 ls ecu, and im finding them all over ebay but not for less than like 60 dollars. i do want to tune in the future and also right after this motor is in im going to be piecing together a turbo kit so maybe my best bet is to have someone chip the p06. i guess we'll just see what happens, thanks for the help.

To find the ecu go to honda-tech and find a seller with alot of posts and a good rep. p75s can be had cheap there, also look for an obd1 pr4(da integra ls ecu) it is basically the same as a p75 and will work for your application.

Back