Anyother reason why used cars suck.

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Justin66

The Hondaswap Canadian
Well i took my integra to Honda to get my dizzy switched with a brand new one i got. Only to find out that the person who swapped the engine getto rigged the dizzy connections to fit an older style connector. He told me that i need to find a 92-95 civic connector to match with my new dizzy connector. Reason being is that i have a B16a SiR2 which was from a 92-95 civic SiR (makes sence).

My real question is, does this have to be from any civic of that year or does it have to Si and/or VTEC models? We lack 92-93 GSR's here, also civics with b16's, Canadian Si's dont have B's.

Last edited:
ehh.. ive lost some faith in honda.
i took my prelude in and they said that someone did an engine swap in my car, he said that infact, its not even a honda motor.
i was like, wtf?
cuz every other time i looked at it, it said honda motor co. right there on top with the H and everything.
it even said HM above the engine number.
but just to be safe, i looked up the number, and it was the exact model engine that i thought was in the car.
1990 Prelude 2.1 liter

silly tech.
:doh:

Ya it sucks, however this isnt Honda's fault, in fact the guy who was telling me was also near my age, had many modified hondas and such and loved this stuff, did his own swaps. Its just i need to find that particular connector. This isnt cause its the dealer. He knows all about honda engines.

thats what this guy claimed..
i dont get why hed make the assumption that its not a honda motor, let alone the right motor..
i dont think he even looked under the hood.
cause he said i could just have the wrong ecu, and i did!
and the wrong wiring harness, and no co2 sensors..

Well i took my integra to Honda to get my dizzy switched with a brand new one i got. Only to find out that the person who swapped the engine getto rigged the dizzy connections to fit an older style connector. He told me that i need to find a 92-95 civic connector to match with my new dizzy connector. Reason being is that i have a B16a SiR2 which was from a 92-95 civic SiR (makes sence).

My real question is, does this have to be from any civic of that year or does it have to Si and/or VTEC models? We lack 92-93 GSR's here, also civics with b16's, Canadian Si's dont have B's.

man i see your from peterbourgh go down to ajax to doms scrap yard just off the 401. its full of hondas. and ill guarentee you will find one if not just go to toronto its only an hour and 20 min from you. if all else fails just order one off the internet

why not check the VIN or motor code on the block?

How would that help?

Ill see if i can take a trip down there this weekend, but with thanksgiving and all, probably not this weekend. James where you from?

If anyone else can help me out that would be great....

Last edited:
Anyone? This would be my last resort, buying such a part. Need to know if it will work? 8 pin right?

Ok an obd1 engine harness to obd1 distributor connector, 8pin. I order anyone with and EG civic to check if they are 8pin! I dont care if its a b16a or not, just wanna know if even D series dizzys have the same.

Back