Anything cool happen over the weekend?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

reckedracing

TTIWWOP
VIP
so lots of beer plus a 1985 crx shit box = holy fuck

picked up the crx for some parts, stripped it down and then beat it through the woods for a while

then it just sat, for prob 6+ months, then my friend shot the shit out of it
so its been there another couple months hidden in the woods and we decided we needed some excitement...

i had robbed the rear springs out of it so that was the first problem...
cut some pipes, put em over the shocks for a ridgid rear end... WORTH IDEA EVER

have you ever hit a fallen tree, about 8-10 inch diameter, with absolutely NO rear suspension?

got the car stuck on a rock wall and had to pry it down with half a tree...
threw some studded snows on the front cause it had shitty traction...
everything was going well until we fed it some 2 stroke gas...
bad idea

other highlights include a metal bar across the front for a crash guard, steel plates welded to the bar down to the lower rad support for a brush guard, radiator already had one hole, wanted to protect it against more damage

everything went well until my friend caught a big ass tree with the front passenger side, bent the bar, and the rear end pushed over so it was stuck in between 2 trees, we managed to slide the rear end back...
backed into trees ripping both doors the wrong way, then slammed an old kitchen stove and got stuck on top of a snow bank...

LMAO!!!
sounds like fun :thumbsup: :)

no pics right now, by the time we got done it was about 15 degrees out with massive wind gusts...
too cold to worry about the camera, but i'll get pics

there's not too much to look at though
no fenders, no front bumper, no rear bumper, no hatch, no glass except a massively cracked windshield
we cut one of the rear window pillars to try and fit an isuzu truck seat in the back, that didn;t work well, so we ripped the foam out of the seat for a couple friends to ride along in the back...
they couldn;t hang though, too rough for em i guess :laugh:

but those mother fucking mirrors are probably the best designs ever
the mirrors are broke of course, i think the .22 did them in, but our trails are for 4 wheelers, a bit tight for a car to say the least, so you really need to throw the side of the car against a tree to get it around the woods, the mirrors have been scrapped and hit against so many trees but they just don't fall off, i've never seen anything like it...

after the big wreck
my friend " uhhh, i think we have some frame damage..."
me "no shit, the front corner of the car is gone!!"
friend "that was a bad hit"
me, once again "no shit... (while rubbing my head)"

so after the doors got ripped sideways we tried to close then by smashing them back the other way, with trees of course...
those door panels had hard plastic in em, and they really hurt when the door gets slammed shut...
but we still couldn't get em to close :cry:

that right there probably shouldnt be as funny as i think it is
its real funny until its your side of the car... :blink:

the stone wall wasn't nearly as bad as the time we had to chain block the samauri out of the fuckin lake in the pitch black...
now that sucked...

sounds fun

all i did was go down to colorado springs and pick up my integra, and the g/f and I stayed the night down there, and yesterday I spend a good part of the day installing my dvd player and amp into the integra.

frank...bluhatch95 blew me off twice towing my crx to my garage and now i have no car untill i find a tow!!!! :p

Back