AP1 Intake issues

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Havok

I know there are few and far between, but has anyone had issues with the S2000 with an AEM intake as far as water leaking into the filter? If you don't know what I am talking about, basically, the line between the hood and passenger fender can cause water to go into the top of the filter due to the way the water flows off of the car during heavy rains.
It's a simple fix, as you can create an "umbrella" of sorts that goes right over the filter to have the water fall off, as well as plugging up the hole. If you don't know what I am talking about, wait a few weeks, and I (hopefully) will have a write-up of intake installation with the water issues. I was just wondering if anyone had issues with it.

I've never played with one... But I have had the AEM CAI on the Civic suck up water at low throttle on the highway in a slight drizzle. It's not fun.

My solution to the CAI mess is to install a K&N FIPK. It's got great power gains on the AP1, and it's not a cold air snorkel- it has a heat shield to keep the crap out.

I bought a ebay shield for my AEM V2 and it has done wonders for keeping the filter dry and I have to clean the filter with much less frequency. By the way, it only cost me about 10 bucks. Stainless steel.

Last edited:
Back