Apex-i VAFC

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

TeamUrbanChaos

Certified H22 Super-tech
ive been greatly debating on what exactly i want to do with my car's ECU situation. i have an H22 in my 92 accord. and i havent made up my mind as to what will be the best (performance wise). all i have done are basic bolt ons ( i/h/e) and thats about it. i currently dont have an ecu but i was thinking about geting a either a chipped p28 with everything programmed to run my H22 or i was going to a virgin P28 anf get a VAFC to controll everythign else. but, HOW exactly does a VAFC work. does it take the place of a programmed chip? can i controll my VTEC crossover and redline?? am i able to adjust my fuel maps to gain more HP?? what would be the better choice in the long run: vafc or chipped????? :blink:

Quoted post[/post]]
ive been greatly debating on what exactly i want to do with my car's ECU situation. i have an H22 in my 92 accord. and i havent made up my mind as to what will be the best (performance wise). all i have done are basic bolt ons ( i/h/e) and thats about it. i currently dont have an ecu but i was thinking about geting a either a chipped p28 with everything programmed to run my H22 or i was going to a virgin P28 anf get a VAFC to controll everythign else. but, HOW exactly does a VAFC work. does it take the place of a programmed chip? can i controll my VTEC crossover and redline?? am i able to adjust my fuel maps to gain more HP?? what would be the better choice in the long run: vafc or chipped????? :blink:

vafc's are so 3 years ago.

chip a p72 so you can keep iab

well what purpose will a VAFC serve anyway if i decide not to go chipped. what can and cant i controll from it

air fuel ratios, vtec engagement. not a whole lot.

its a piggy-back. it tricks your computer into thinking it sees a different reading than it really is.

on a chip, you actually have a program that reads and interprets the data and uses the proper ignition and fuel maps for that particular load and rpm.

to compare, its like a nickle VS a hundred dollar bill.

which would you rather have?

Back