1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Apex Vtec Controller

Discussion in 'ECU's, Electronics, and Tuning' started by crazylacho, Mar 25, 2003.

1. crazylacho

crazylacho Junior Member

I want to know if the vtec pressure switch which is right next to the vtec solenoid needs to be wired up in order for my vtec to engage. I read the articl on mechanic b's install but it doesn't say to hook up the pressure switch, it just says to hook up the solenoid.I have a 89 civic with a d16z6 motor, i got the motor running but i need vtec.

2. SiCrxSi

SiCrxSi Member

how do you have the vtec hooked up, to a switch, a vtec controler, or to the ecu? If you using the p28 ecu then i would think you'd have to hook it up, but if you're not then the your non vtec ecu wouldnt know to read from it. So i think it would all matter on how you have vtec wiried up

3. pills_PMD

pills_PMD Super Moderator

what ecu? and moving to ecus/electronics

4. HOOKUPSPROCRX

HOOKUPSPROCRX Member

if you are using a non-vtec e.cu then you can use the apex vtec controller to activate vtec without wiring the pressure switch just route the "pink" wire from the v-afc to the vtec solenoid.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted