Apexi N1 for 4 Door

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

davidbr

I looking in buying an Apexi N1 Cat Back for my 4 Door 92-95 (EG9).
My major problem is that I have to get it to the TÃœV, they will do the following test:
Engine at about 2600RPM, 50cm from Tip (about 20inch), 45° angle
My car may have 88dB +-5dB tolerance.
Can i reach that (with silencer?)?
Please help :)

O and to answer your question the exhaust shouldn't reach more than 92 db's. I dunno bout smog though.

Originally posted by davidbr@Nov 27 2003, 05:26 PM
I looking in buying an Apexi N1 Cat Back for my 4 Door 92-95 (EG9).
My major problem is that I have to get it to the TÃœV, they will do the following test:
Engine at about 2600RPM, 50cm from Tip (about 20inch), 45° angle
My car may have 88dB +-5dB tolerance.
Can i reach that (with silencer?)?
Please help :)

Ok if I understand right, you need to take your car to get decible tested and smog tested? As for decibles it will pass with a silencer, any silencer from a cheap brand exhaust should fit. As for getting it smogged with the exhaust on, it should also pass. I took mine to a state referee and it passed with it on so, the answer to your uhh question I guess is yes it will pass both, if you can get a silencer.

smog isnt the problem. i know ppl here that have a metal catalytic converter (100cells?) dunno how its called in english. it improves performance as you would remove the cat. he passes smog, so this shouldnt be the problem.
mine reaches a tenth of whats allowed, so theres room.

and yes TÃœV (U with two dots on top) is an inspection, you have to do it every 2 years, they check brakes, suspension, smog etc. its kinda hard some times, almost no carbon parts are allowed... :( its like this in whole europe, im from germany

Doenst Apexi sell silencer for their exhausts? I thought i saw one on ebay with a Apexi silencer.

most n1's I've seen come w/a silencer.....powergarage on ebay has great prices on apexi

i can't find an Apexi N1 silencer on Ebay. Or one that will fit my n1. i have the non-turbo N1. I did however find a Silencer for the Dunk, but the tip is like 115mm.

Does anyone know what diameter the pipes of an apexi n1 for a 4 door 92-95 is?
Is it good for a B16A2 with some tuning?

2.5" (~60mm) should be fine for your b16.

the N1 is loud- probably one of the loudest exhausts on the market.

if you're worried about passing sound check, keep your stock system around... a couple days before you're due to get checked, swap back to the stock cat-back.

That wont help much, if a cop "thinks" something is illegal, then you have to prove it.
If the exhaust isnt in the papers of my car, i can get real problems, i.e. license lost for at least one year and i have to do it again (>1000$).
And because of all the "bad Streetracers" around here :roll: , they smell an illegal part when its 3 miles away.
So it needs to reach about 90dB, 20inch from the exhaust at 2666rpm.
Nothing else matters, if its like 120dB at 5000rpm, its ok. Crazy Germany :angry:

well, if thats the case, i really would look into something else. the n1 is LOUD. it WILL attract attention like a crowd going to see Oakenfold at Ibiza :)

the Tanabe Hyper Racing medalion is nice and quiet when you aren't on it, and still sounds like a performance exhaust when you are, and flows well too.

Thats my problem, no one can tell me how loud it really is. :(
I dont know whats "loud" for you.
I want that "The Fast and the Furious" sound, sorry i cant describe it in another way. :ph34r:
What exhaust is not that noisy and sounds like this?

nothing, i'm afraid. and if you are after the fast and furious sound, get an OBX muffler on your stock piping. lol

Hm, i dont think you get it. Its more about the internal construction of the muffler.
Okay then...
A complete Cat Back that should pass that 2666rpm, 20inch etc. test, good quality and as cheap as possible.
So where and what should i buy?

note, that "The Fast and Furious Sound" thingy is because our mufflers here are ALL built like the stock ones from honda, you rarely get that absorber type of exhaust.

honestly, we can't say.

it might pass on my car, but not on yours. other factors determine the decible factor of a car's exhaust. since i dont know the rules of where you are from, its' impossible for me to even guess.

Thats why i say "should pass", nobody can tell until its on my car.
I will trust your guesses... and if it doesnt pass, i will kill you next time im in america :D
No for real, i need a rather quiet exhaust then, especially below 3000rpm.
Any advice would help, since i have no idea.

like i said above-

the Tanabe Hyper Racing medalion is nice and quiet when you aren't on it, and still sounds like a performance exhaust when you are, and flows well too.

Back