Apexi V-AFC II Help Please

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Thanks for the info! I will buy a p13 soon. I have to install my new manifold first....

ive got new timeslips to post,new pics of my ride,just need to install digital camera programs to add right from my camera,ill let you know when they are up,after work tomorrow or tonite if i can find the install discs

i would just buy a stock p28 ecu and get it chipped. the p28 is only for dohc vtec engines. that would be the easiest route to go.

the stock p28 is for the sohc vtec motors, but when chipped it can run anything. i would say to take your ECU out of the car and unscrew the top cover and post a pic of the inside. whos knows your P06 could be converted to VTEC. or they were just using the vafc to control vtec somehow. thats the bad thing about buying a car that the previous owner has modifued, you never know wtf they did.

oh and don't buy a P13 if you want to chip it because they are the "bastard" obd1 ecu that can't be chipped.

take your ECU out of the car and unscrew the top cover and post a pic of the inside.

Here's some pics... There is a chip that says

SST
27SF512
70-3CPG
0529061-C

ecu1.jpg

ecu2.jpg

ecumain.jpg

The other chips say OKI JAPAN

Thanks for the help!
David Johns

The SST chip is "SST chip (27SF512) reburnable Eprom JDM". I'm guessing my ECU has been chipped?

... the guy that had the car before me didnt have the V-AFC II hooked up. He said the ECU was reprogramed and it controled the VTEC and there was no need for even having the V-AFC?

How can I tell if my ECU has been converted to VTEC?

i'll check the pics on pgmfi.org to make sure but i think yours looks like it has been converted.

lmao mad jdm sst's.

here is a photo of a side by side comparrison of a p28 on the left and a po6 on the right. from the pics you posted up it seems that your po6 is already converted for vtec.

Attachments

• p06-p28-comparison.jpg
    p06-p28-comparison.jpg
    91.2 KB · Views: 279
I wouldn't worry about hooking up a VAFC if you have stock camshafts. Stock VTEC crossover points are set at where they are for a reason.

correct wiring...

if you want clean and correct wiring go to this website, its a direct plugin for your specific application he makes a bunch of em and plugs directly into the ecu. Basically it has a piggyback tail splicing off (like a y splitter) going to the module then to the other ecu stock harness. Its beautiful, if you want a pic of mine let me know. Bu tthis is a great way to go for us AFC users.

boomslang.co.uk - Boomslang

Good Luck!
http://www.boomslang.co.uk/

Back