Apex'I V-AFC Ver. 1

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

j177oney

I currently am running a Civic EJ (93 Coupe) what is the recommend RPM to have V-Tec kick in?...and which one do I use?...L->H or the H->L?...

Help..

Thanks in advance... :D

The recommended setting is factory, Honda engineers know better than anyone about vtec settings, they didn't just guess. If you have modded your motor beyond I/H/E, then you could gains from changing the engagment point higher or lower on a dyno.

But to set it to engage vtec is L->H and to disengage is H->L.

thanks for the response...so what should I have it to kick in 4000rpm or 4500rpm?...

When does it kick in now??? stock wise???

so what should I have it to kick in 4000rpm or 4500rpm?...

:bash: he just said stock VTEC engagement is optimal if you dont have anything more than then I H E. Read what people give you!

THANKS...I currently have an I H E done already, about to change the Pulleys, any other opinions???

It would be appreciated!!! Thanks in advance...

Originally posted by j177oney@May 30 2004, 08:03 PM
THANKS...I currently have an I H E done already, about to change the Pulleys, any other opinions???

cant forget those pullys. that shit is gonna be fast. you ask for advice, don't waste your money on stupid shit like pullys, just rip out your ac and power steering so there are no pullys to get. you shouldn't be using an underdrive main pully on a dd anyway. it can and will prematurely wear the main bearings.

Originally posted by ndogg+May 31 2004, 12:03 AM-->
@May 30 2004, 08:03 PM

cant forget those pullys. that shit is gonna be fast. you ask for advice, don't waste your money on stupid shit like pullys, just rip out your ac and power steering so there are no pullys to get. you shouldn't be using an underdrive main pully on a dd anyway. it can and will prematurely wear the main bearings.

I agree, the pulleys are a waste of money. I had to learn the hard way cause the underdrive pulley caused me to spin my bearings on my previous motor. Spend your money on something better than bolt-ons to get some real noticeable power.

Back