apexi v-afc ?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

jessef

my girl has a 03 celica gts and i wanna go with a afc put im not sure whether or not to go with the s-afc or the v-afc because im not sure if the valve timing system for hondas are the same as toyotas valve timing system. any info would kick ass. thanks.

SAFC is a universal application, where as the VAFC is design specifically for VTEC motors.

Originally posted by jeffsciv23@Nov 18 2003, 02:35 PM
if you have/download the manual from the apexi website it says it will work on 99+celica's

I have read the VAFC manual and I never saw that part.
I know it says the VAFC was designed for Honda/Acura VTEC applications ONLY!

Don't even try to hook it up to your girls celica. Just do the smart thing and buy the SAFC for it. :huh:

Originally posted by jeffsciv23+Nov 18 2003, 08:35 PM-->
if you have/download the manual from the apexi website it says it will work on 99+celica's
No it doesn't, as a matter of fact it says for Honda vtec engines only, the SAFC is the universal for others.

pills_PMD Posted on Nov 28 2003
@ 04:27 AM
couldn't you just not hook up the VTEC portion of the AFC?
just a question, not a solution

I would guess that would depend on the voltage, and signals from the electronics, if they're the same, then why not.

Originally posted by 92b16vx+Nov 28 2003, 03:29 AM-->
Originally posted by jeffsciv23@Nov 18 2003, 08:35 PM

No it doesn't, as a matter of fact it says for Honda vtec engines only, the SAFC is the universal for others.

pills_PMD Posted on Nov 28 2003
@ 04:27 AM
couldn't you just not hook up the VTEC portion of the AFC?
just a question, not a solution

I would guess that would depend on the voltage, and signals from the electronics, if they're the same, then why not.

:ditto:

Back