Apexi VAFC controller install HELP

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

TheSir

So i bought a VAFC controller for the SiR. Dont have the manual, and found one googling for hours finally in a nice .pdf file. The install is fairly complex, but not for a buddy of mine thats very good with wiring cars. What im also looking for is a step by step install guide write up someone may of made that makes the install a bit more clear. (mostly for myself)

Some of this guide is very confusing and doesnt exactly show/explain in detail. Heres the link http://www.turboborisov.com/vafc.pdf

So what I wanna know is the 3 wires to the VTM,VTEC solenoid signal and the pressure signal... do i need to run those wires into the motor bay or do I connect up with them infront of the ECU?

Do I have VTM, and what does it stand for?

Im running a 2000 SiR with a b18c motor, and PR3 (obd1) ECU. So when im deciding what wiring diagram to use, should I be using H2-a? It matches the motor but im just worried since im running a b16 ecu. However its all the same wiring really.

The car is OBD2, but im using a jump down harness and using an OBD1 ecu and motor, so when splicing these wires, I would think you need to splice above the jump down harness, but just asking to double check.

you can connect them at the ECU. just make sure you connect the CORRECT wires... i would splice them in the jumper harness so you don't mess up the factory wiring.

Thanks TurboMirage i figured the jumpdown would be the best spot. Ill fallow the directions and setup perfectly. Wish me luck :p

Back