Apex'i VAFC II

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

word

vafc2title.gif

looks coool. has anyone seen it in person? anywhere else that's got reviews/pics?

thinking about getting one, but it'll most likely be double the price as the first model. I liked how the first one looked though.

they are going for about 300-325 right now

The body of this new product is slimmer & smaller (H52 mm x W126 mm x D18 mm) than the previous offerring. This ergonomically designed body houses only a "center button" which toggles & rotates where it enables the driver to navigate (4-axis toggle: up& down, and left & right) and to select functions of the Vtec AFC-II. This button also has a feature that enables the driver to fine tune any parameters. All these features in the new model's user interface made it much easier & efficient compared to the older model.

FUNCTION

KNOCKING MONITOR
The new Vtec AFC-II has a new knock sensor function which alerts the driver. This ensures that the engine is tuned to perfection at every stage. This function only works on vehicles that has an engine knock sensor.

MEMORIZE 2 TYPE OF SETTING DATA
The new Vtec AFC-II can save two data setting from data collected with respected to air flow adjust rate, throttle duration, engine RPM, etc. The driver could use these two settings in a variety of driving conditions, be it track, street, or just plain cruising.

PASSWORD
To avoid the new Vtec AFC-II from tampering by unauthorized users, a password can be set for protection.

WARNING
The driver can set up various warning functions in order to monitor the engine operation. These functions includes incoming air flow rate, suction pipe pressure, engine knock RPM, etc.

Others
Settings & data stored in the new Vtec AFC-II will not be lost even if the it is disconnected from the vehicle battery power.RMP signal for air flow & pressor sensors can be adjusted in 12 points in 1% increments depending on fuel settings in +50% to -50%. Or the RSP can be set in increments of 200 RPM. Throttle opening duration: Adjustable by size.

..............................................VAFC ---------------VAFC-II
Air Flow Setting ----------------- 8point ---------------12point
Air Flow Engine RPM -------------500rpm --------------200rpm
Drive Voltage Circuit Safety ------None ----------------more stable
Display Monitor Adjustment -------None ---------------setting up display (air flow/pressure)
Display Color ------------------------Blue ---------------Standard model: Blue, Limited Edition: White
Other Functions ---------------------None ---------------Knocking Monitor, Digital Display, Setting Memory function,
--------------------------------------------------------------Warning function, Password, Lock function

ya im not feeling the whole 745i-type center control knob that controls everything....

i kinda like the four button previous version....

do EK civics have an engine knock sensor?
and i like the fact you can program in increments of 250 rpms instead of 500? or something like that....

anyone got some injectors for sale?

The DOHC models have knock sensors I believe... I love the look of the black on black controller... I'd get one, but i've already got the first VAFC.

Originally posted by pissedoffsol@Aug 8 2003, 02:33 AM
(4-axis toggle: up& down, and left & right)

I think they mean 2 axis...

Back