Apexi VAFC or Chipped Ecu

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

fakk_13

92GSRB17
i have my 92 integra and it came with a Vafc but not installed, i have a mugen chipped p28 running the b16 now but would the vafc work better than the Ecu?
my car has intake, header, cat back, and i have stage 2 cams soon to install. so should i stay with what i got or install the vafc?

I would go with the chipped ecu for a management setup. However dont use the junk program that comes on it. It will more than likely burn your engine up over time. Have someone who knows what they are doing tune it with crome, uberdata, or hondata. It will run way better and its the only way that you know the car is running safe. I cant stress that enough. Piggy back computers like the vafc suck. If you can tune and chip a ecu that is the way to go. Someone in your area must do this kind of stuff??

someone in my town can install the Vafc but to go some where for tuning is 3 hour drive and alot of $$. im just trying to find out it the vafc is better then the chipped Ecu. my car is already running to rich, it smokes hella black smoke when i rip it and has a little back fire when i shift sometimes and i was told its running rich so i thought the vafc could fix that.

The chipped ecu works totally independently. The piggy back computers have their problems because they are trying to tune by manipulating the map sensor signal before it reaches the ecu. This is not a good way of doing things. Also the only way you know your car is running rich is by throwing a wideband o2 sensor in it to monitor and datalog that information. It may be costly to go to the dyno and have it done correctly. But i will tell you what it is worth every penny. Especially with all motor setups without good tuning you will not extract any good power gains. I would save your money and do it right the first time. All you will do is end up ruining your car with that vafc and no dyno.

alright that does make alot of sense and thanks for the help. ill just sell it for some dyno tuning $$

It will be the best decision you ever made. Good luck!! :)

A friend of mine got 7 hp and 5 tq from dyno tuning over his street tuning.. It's worth every penny you spend.

Back