apexi ws exhaust with turbo

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

vtecturbo

I am in need of a new exhaust for my 96 civic hb and i bought all my turbo gear and my friend can give me a smokin deal on a apexi ws full exhaust,so I was just wondering if this exhaust is alright for turbo or if it is to restrictive.and how would you guys rate this exhaust system.

How big is it and how much is it? The norm for turbo cars is 3 inch, but more than likely 2.5 inch will be fine depending on your power output. www.kteller.com is where I got all my custom 3 inch exhaust and it was pretty cheap.

the exhaust is 2.5 nad brand new i can get it for 600.00can.with my turbo i might be making 225-250hp

Dude....the APEXi WS exhaust is 2.25", not 2.5". Too small for Turbo applications. If you want to go with a APEXi exhaust, get the N1 (they are available for both N/A and Turbo applications for your car).

And $600 cdn is not all that great of a deal for the WS. I'm in Toronto, so I know that all too well. If you want a great exhaust for your car, My advice would be to go with Magnaflow. They are 100% stainless (unlike the WS) and sound way better as well. I picked up a cat-back N1 style 100% stainless system with Polished Muffler for $450 cdn. Now that's a good deal. One of the best parts I've bought so far.

The N1 Turbo sounds pretty killer. It's not the quietest on the market by any means, but it's also not the most obnoxious. APEXi doesn't put anything in the muffler to make it sound loud like companies such as Ractive and other entry-level exhaust systems. It sounds like a wide-open exhaust should.
My Magnaflow exhaust has a really low growl to it. That's why I like the sound of it. If you go to Magnaflow.com, they have a bunch of soundclips of their cat-back systems on hondas so you can hear them. Check it out.

Anyone know of any turbo exhausts that are quiet? I mean, I can't ask for whispers coming out of the muffler, but what turbo exhaust has a "I don't attract police cruisers and thieves" exhaust tone?

Most turbo exhausts naturally sound quieter. You'll be much quieter than the DX ricecannons you commonly see. You'll have this exhaust obstruction that kills your noise considerably, I forgot what it's called...

Originally posted by sohcslammer@Nov 26 2004, 08:30 PM
:slap: The turbo? <_<
[post=422692]Quoted post[/post]​

bingo
1 the turbo def lowers the exhaust tones considerably....almost every turbo car ive heard is quieter than an n/a car

I know a guy with a GSR with turbo. It's a T3/T4 Turbo from Precision. The guy has a Apexi World Sport 2 Exhaust system on his car. The car sounds pretty quiet, beside from the sound of back fire. The car sounds quiet. I have the same exhaust on my car. Its sounds like its almost stock, that's with a hi-flow cat. But with a test-pipe, its going to be alittle bit louder.

Also, with the Apexi WS2 complete system, the dude is puttin' 310 hp to the wheel on a stock internals.

the original worldsport is actually 2.36 inches. i had it on my single cam turbo making around 160whp and i had no problems. i think it was my 2.25 id downpipe that messed up the flow

i have the apexi n1 on my eg...sohc, not yet turbod(planning on swapping then boosting)...and i love the sound. in no way it sounds like a fart can at all...ive been getting compements from my friends that are into american muscle about my exhaust and how nice it is

consider the apexi n1...i love it :D

tanabe hyper medallion
not too loud, and its 2.5"
I think there arn't too many quiet 3 inch exhuasts, that dont sound like fart cannons.
The N1 is one of the loudest exhaust systems Ive heard, but it sounds good.

my apexi N1 3" on the turbo sol is 2 times quiter than my 2 1/2 RS*R on my all motor GSR int he hatch.

turbo cars are quieter than all motor cars. always will be.

Originally posted by pissedoffsol@Dec 14 2004, 11:34 PM
my apexi N1 3" on the turbo sol is 2 times quiter than my 2 1/2 RS*R on my all motor GSR int he hatch.

turbo cars are quieter than all motor cars. always will be.
[post=432312]Quoted post[/post]​

sol you wouldn't happen to have anytype of sound or video clip of the apexi exhaust would ya?

Back