Apexi WS

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

truoss

My exhaust system finally arrived after waiting a whole month.

Is there anyway I can tell if this really is an Apexi World Sport system? "Apexi" is printed on the muffler, but "world sport" is not anywhere to be seen...not even on the box it came in. On the box it just says "Apexi International Series"

Also, this system was ordered for a EG civic hatchback, but it won't bolt onto my stock integra GSR header. The header has two bolt holes at the end, and this new pipe has three bolts....what's up with that? Do I need to buy a new header now...did he send the wrong system?

Thanks, Tristan

does it look like this?

pImgLeft_exhausts_ws1.jpg

pImgLeft_exhausts_ws2.jpg

and the exhaust is designed to connect to the cat ... not the header

No, it doesn't look like that. "apexi" is stamped on the top of the muffler..not on the side like it is on this one. Also, the shape is different.

What do you mean the exhaust is designed to connect to the cat? I installed a b18c into my civic....and right now I am using my stock civic exhaust. Do I need to buy a cat before I can install this exhaust? I don't think so...because there would be no room to bolt it on.

Apex World Sport CAT-BACK systems connect ot the cat. Can you take a pic of your dilema?

World Sport 2??? Is that better or worse than what I ORDERED (apexi world sport). AIE is the worst company....never order from them. Took the guy a month to ship, and he never answers emails or phone calls.

Anyway...how can I make sure? Why does it say "apexi international series"? I guess 'international' has something to do with 'world' but....

I don't have a digi...otherwise I'd just post a pic.

Also...sorry for the n00b question, but...am I going to need a cat or not? Right now I have the stock GSR header hooked up to my stock civic exhaust. And I'm planning to hook up this new exhaust in a few days. I thought a cat was included with this cat-back system???

thanks guys

on mine,for an eg civic...the muffler part has a welded on piece of metal that says apexi and has the part #...just bought it around dec....I'll try to load my dc annd pic it for ya

Thanks deth101, that'd be kewl.

I just looked closely at the exhaust and realized you guys were right...I need a cat. So, where is the best place to buy a cat for an eg civic? I hope they aren't expensive. Once again...stock b18c header + apexi ws2(?) exhaust...would like a cat that fits. :D I'm guessing I'll need a cat for an integra GSR, right?

POWER GARAGE SUPERSTORE...is where I got my apexi...e-bay store.....PERFORMANCE PEDDLER e-bay store has magnaflow,flowmaster and carsound cats ay great prices...fast shipping too...........

here is a pic[I hope] of my ws and the piece I mentioned

deth101 album

bad pic but you see the plaque...its about 1h x 2w inches and says
APEX-I
Made In Japan
part number

every ws I've ever seen has this...hope the crappy pic helps a lil....looks better thumbnailed

Thanks deth101. I think we have the same exhaust.

Do I need to order a cat for a GSR or for a civic? GSR, right?

more pics in album now....you should get the gsr for a teg and the civ for the civ....the hangers on the civ and teg are diff so if you have the same one I have its for an eg civic

the length is the key...I've been told to get the civic one as long as its aftermarket the dia size should be the same civ or teg as long as you order 2.5,2.75,3.inch etc so I got the one for the civic.....havnt put it on yet but have lined it all up and it seems to be the right length....have u thought about a test pipe...might be cheaper for you if you can find a shop to do it and get away w/it in your area....weld the old cat shield over the testpipe and it will look stock....

I checked w/ESolSi and he enlightened me that the gsr header is shorter so I'm not sure which one to get the gsr will probably the best bet as I dont imagine the length of the teg exhaust is that far off the civ...worst case run some flex pipe if its off a little...I got a 00si magnaflow 2.5 cause I have my stock header on this engine for now :(

do a test pipe if you can...the local smokey's all over me so I went legal but the test pipe would've been cheaper for me

when i did my ITR swap in my sol this is what i did / had to do

i got Tanabe HM exhaust for a sol
i had the JDM 4-1 header from the ITR
i bought a Random Technologies cat for a GSR

the JDM ITR has a 2.5" collector so i brought the cat down to a shop and had them put a larger end on it so it would fit the ITR header... i told them to keep the same length

i got the engine in the car
got the exhaust on the car
got the cat back from the shop

the cat was about 2 inches too long (fuck!)
so i measured out the space between the header and the exhaust... then brought the cat back down to the shop and had them cut and reflare the cat.... got it back and it finally fit (yay!)

as it turned out the GSR has a longer cat than the other integras (go figure) so if i had to throw up a guess ... i would say get the cat for the integra LS...

or make life easy on yourself and get a universal cat and have it custom fit by a shop

and oh yeah
D series and B series headers have the flange bolts in the opposite positions
so unless the cat has a flange that swivels you will not be able to use a D series cat and a B series header together

Thanks a lot guys.

Let me get this straight...since I don't have a problem with smog testing, I can just have a shop run a test pipe between exhaust pipe and header, correct? Doesn't a cat steal power anyway?

Originally posted by truoss@Feb 19 2004, 11:36 PM
Thanks a lot guys.

Let me get this straight...since I don't have a problem with smog testing, I can just have a shop run a test pipe between exhaust pipe and header, correct? Doesn't a cat steal power anyway?

removing any emissions equiptment that comes as OE on the car is illegal. removing a cat is like a gazillion dollar fine. just play it safe, run a cat and let us breath a 'lil easier.

any decent highflow cat will not rob you of any power (most will out flow your exhaust)
test pipes / hollow cats also have a really nasy rhaspy sound :thumbsdown:

Back