Apparently I am an alcoholic now.

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Not really. Beer is full of carbs, and the alcohol makes me lazy. It's not just the beer, it's the fact that I don't exercise and would rather do 12 oz curls than hit the treadmill after work.

Well you know what they say about quitters? They quit, and my mom didn't raise me to be a quitter.

My car is an alcoholic, it goes through about 10 gallons of ethonal a day! Beat that!

:)

In all seriousness; I dealt with my fathers alcoholism that eventually took his life after a long hard battle. If you're lying about your drinking and hiding it, then I would question..

yeah people that dont drink at all are usually weird and churchy. not my cup of tea.
I beg to differ, yes, I am under age but I have plenty of chances to drink. But I dont becuase i dont like the taste of alcohol; Its just not appeasing to me.

yeah... you're 19... your opinions on alcohol dont count or matter yet

come back in 6 years or so and tell us how you feel...

:wave:

I'm a drunk..I admit it....

after my dui...I've became a responsible drunk...I only drink at home, no driving, and no outside events that is social able....

with my hectic life...a drink is a necessity.

If this sounds like you, then you're an alcoholic. None of this defines me even in the slightest. Well, except the confusion part. I've always been confused though.

Injen isn't confused so he can show you the way.

I've been around alcoholics and from what I've seen is, there's not a single point in the day where their blood isn't thinned. Also they're able to drink 7-8-9-10 beers over a short time and show very little signs that they've been drinking outside of their breath. If anything they seem more slow/depressed then drunk.

People are pretty quick to throw around the alcoholic accusations these days, to the point where I'm sure most people don't mean the clinical definition anymore.

"Yeah, I have a beer every night about 7." != "I can't go to sleep at night without at least a 6-pack in me."

When you are truly an alcoholic, there will be no doubt.

Therapists and rehab clinics will classify anyone who drinks as an alcoholic to make money.

I drink quite a bit. I drink every day. I am sitting here, alone, sipping down my second jack n coke for this evening, and it won't be my last.

But I don't consider myself an alcoholic. I never drink before noon, and I do quit drinking every so often for a month or so, just to see if I can. The day I can't, or the day I drink before noon is the day I have become an alcoholic.

At least thats how it works in my little world.

i have drank before noon on several occasions

:shrug2:

Yeah, and thats fine. Its one of my own personal rules. I don't have many, but that is one of them.

Mamozas and bloody mary's are socially acceptable before noon :)

Back