apple computers

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

pills_PMD

VIP
well... I was at the apple store just browing around the other night... and looking at the 12" iBook G4. There was some punk ass kid in there who was asking everyone except my friend and I in the store if we needed help. For 45 minutes we stood there staring at this iBook until finally he asked "do you need assistance" and proceeded to provide the most useless help ever. Basically, I was interested in getting a very small lightweight portable laptop. I have a big old HP laptop and a desktop that is rather powerful, but I'm sick of lugging that bastard onto campus everyday because i have to carry a second bag. Regardless, this guy was an asshole. He was talking to me like I was some poor ass who was wasting his time and trying to convince me microsoft is terrible and on and on... So after he explained to me what the "system preferences" icon did (as if i didn't know) my friend chimes in.... "Let's go somewhere else and buy them... he's an asshole" so we left.

Main point of the post: We both went and bought one to spite this asshole. but i dont know shit about mac software. Basically, i downloaded firefox and it comes as a .dmg file

everytime i run the file, it puts a "portable harddrive" icon on the desktop. I dont know if this is corect or not, but I can't figure out any other way.... if anyone is a mac user, hit me up please!!

waiting for massy to reply lol.

Congrats with the purchace. A freind of mine has one and he loves it. The new OS is so bad ass on that thing.

as for firefox, are you clicking the mac link on this page here

hahaha... s2000's, computers, clothes... i like to shop.

but i wanted one anyways... he just happened to push me over the edge... i'm going to write a letter to their corporate headquarters telling them what a shitty experience i had in their store at 12 oaks mall.

he = not allowed to breed

Lol, I was just in there yesterday. I was kinda suprised when I saw an apple store in 12 oaks. I've been away for too long :) .

fuckin A man.... those guys are total assholes.. i have instituted a boycott on that particular apple store. BAstards

I've instituted a boycott on all "computer" stores. 99% of the time, all they employ is assholes.

"There's nothing like having your asshole reamed out by a 'tehnology retail establishment". I just can't understand the hordes of people that willingly line up for it."

Pills hit me up with what help you need, I am the official hondaswap apple whore.

The portable hard drive is a mounted image from compressed file. you need to copy firefox from that mounted image into your applications folder. Then go to your aplications folder and scroll down till you see firefox. You then can drag the application to the dock so it is always there. Or you can double click it and open it up. I personally keep all my most used applications in the dock so I can just single click them when I need.
That laptop you got is sweet, I want to ditch my POS dell for one, but I think I am going to keep it a bit longer as I want something to run hondata with.

Back