1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Apple unveils program to run Windows XP

Discussion in 'Computers, Games, Electronics etc' started by BodyDroppedNikes, Apr 5, 2006.

1. BodyDroppedNikes

BodyDroppedNikes ...PENDEJO.... VIP

2. brc80

brc80 Senior Member

Well im closer to swiching now.

3. CRX-YEM

CRX-YEM Super Moderator Moderator VIP

switching to a mac because you'll be able to run windows ?? now isn't that pointless.

4. Battle Pope

Battle Pope New Member

I'd go to a mac if they weren't so damned expensive compared to PCs. Well, that and only a handful of games support OSX.

5. Citizen_Insane

Citizen_Insane Senior Member

Not really, because Win XP is said to run much faster on the core duo mac's than on core duo pc's. Its because Apple puts WAY more work into their hardware systems than pretty much any other computer company. I have said it before and I will continue to say it, Apple is hands down the best computer manufacturer. Now the iPod, thats a different story.... [​IMG]

6. Drake

Drake Well-Known Member VIP

Well didnt Mac sell out to using Intel chips any way?? So dosnt that kinda negate the hardware aspect?

7. E_SolSi

E_SolSi Member of the 20 nut club Moderator VIP

it makes perfect sense
    now you can run your OS that you payed WAYYY too much for, on your computer that you payed WAYYYYYYYY too much for

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

8. Citizen_Insane

Citizen_Insane Senior Member

ahhhhh, so the CPU is the only piece of hardware in the computer? no. Also, Apple wan't even making the G5 chip, it was made by IBM. Seriously, Apple never made their own CPU's, they were always from IBM or another company. They design and build their own motherboards and they also work closely with NVIDIA to get graphics cards that work very well with their systems. Everything about a Mac is better designed than pretty mcuh any other computer on the market. Have you ever even looked inside of one? Have you ever seen the packaging? They put thought into everything they do, thats why they're a good computer company.

oh lame, I just saw they started using ATI graphics....well there goes reliability, ATI sucks balls.

9. adnoh

adnoh Senior Member

This is what a G5 looks like inside...... thats attention to detail

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

And one of my Mac workstations (1 of 2)...... my bedroom :p
    [​IMG]

The shitty thing about the whole situation is that now that Mac dropped Power PC, hackers now have a farmiliar Intel chipset to use. Made good business sence because IBM couldn't manufacture a chipset as powerful as the Intel duo for as cheap, but at quite a cost.

Mine's a Power PC Dual 2.0 with 2GB RAM....upgradeable to 16GB RAM. I'm stickin with this for a while. If I need more, I've got 14GB's of ram ahead of me.

10. Sabz5150

Sabz5150 FALCON PUNCH!!!

Yes, it is only one piece of hardware, but changing architectures at THAT radical of a level deserves a lot of method behind the madness.

11. Drake

Drake Well-Known Member VIP

The architecture is more what I was meaning like Sabz said. I would actually like to use a G5 just to get a feel for it. I wouldnt wana run windows on it though simply because it wasnt designed specificly to run with that platform. Windows has problems as is and porting it to Apple..... I dono about that buisness.

12. MaaseyRacer

MaaseyRacer Senior Member

Same price as a PC with the same shit in it. Looks at the Dell CoreDuo Laptops versus the macbook, they are both 2000-2500. And with the mac it looks like a professional tool, you can dual boot windows, and it runs OS X.
    As far as running windows is concerned the only reason I am debating putting it on my mac book is so I can pwn some n00bs in counter strike when I am on the road. Otherwise I am able to do everything I need to in OS X.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted