April 1st meet, berlin tunpike, CT

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

HonDA9racer

hey guys, this started on g2ic but the turnout aint lookin so good so i'm trying to get a few more heads to go. we're meeting up at the wal-mart on the pike at 6, then we're gonna get some grub(probably Hooters), then hit the pike and cruise. i'll be there no matter what so if anyone's headin' out to the pike look for a black civic and a couple of DA's

i don't know, i try to avoid that kind of stuff. it's just a little meet, i don't race, but i hang out at the pike often..

the pike just ain't what it used to be back in 97/98 :cry:

Or previous to that, I remember going there in the early 90's with my cousin and his S/C T-Bird, the crowd was so different. Even when we went it was at the tail end of its great life, you can honestly say today's teens have ruined what the pike used to be. And this coming from a 25 yr old :cry:

Quoted post[/post]]
Or previous to that, I remember going there in the early 90's with my cousin and his S/C T-Bird, the crowd was so different. Even when we went it was at the tail end of its great life, you can honestly say today's teens have ruined what the pike used to be. And this coming from a 25 yr old :cry:

:werd: now its all ricers w/hondas :laugh:

Quoted post[/post]]
the pike just ain't what it used to be back in 97/98 :cry:

man it sucked then too really.

the good years I can remember were going there from like 89-96, were notch back 5.0's ,GN's, and Camaro's ran rampent along with the old school guys and there hot rods. and a race fro ma light consisted smoking tires off the line, not a ricer flyby. 97/98 was ok but the pike was just starting to really begin it's downhill descent.

and I've always been told by my father and friends of his that the pike hasn't been the same since the late 70's

to me, the "pike" is now/forever will be route 90, ie: The Mass Pike....which is a state trooper infested toll road

but I also grew up outside Boston

I drove up there last year to just check it out...I guess I was early or something...very little cars there, and all I saw was muscle cars at Hooters. But CTdrifting has meets up there every weekend, and I might take the Z when its done to just go and hang out, if I have friday and saturday nights off...if I get back to work...it's going to be full blown OT till the end of the year to catch up on a month of no work. But the CTdrifters usually meet at Bob's Clothing store.

last weekend i went to the pike and then hartford with a bunch of my HMT buddies. it was quite the experience.

Back