Are APC Seats decent?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

EGProject

YEEEEAAHHHHH
Just want to know if I was justified in my decision.

Checking in on my ongoing bids on Ebay, I notice that my father is still logged in. I also notice that he had won on an item last night. Curious, I checked to find a pair of APC 'Sport' seats won for $200. I freaked.

I know he bought them for me for X-mas, but I've heard a lot of bad things about APC seats. I don't really need seats right now, and even though I am grateful in that he wanted to get them, I had a few smaller things on my list that would have been a better choice. Additionally, I didn't want him to have them shipped out - paid for and sold, and then have to return them.

Do APC seats = t3h suck? And not just because they are ghettofabulous.

garbage.

i wouldn't trust my life in them. a seat is a safety device... keep that in mind. do you want the cheapest POS holding in you a car in a wreck?

act happy.
thank dad

put 'em back on ebay.

keep them & maybe reupholster them later.....or re sell them...if you return them it will cost you a shit load to reship

:thumbsdown:

frames are somewhat weak
fabric wears quickly
dyes fade quickly
padding flatens out or migrates quickly

Let him know that you appreciate the thought, but they are indeed safety equipment. The "cheapest" seats I would trust are Corbeaus.

APC seats (and everything they make, actually) is utter shit. Fabric is subpar, frames are weak, padding is shit.

Sell em to a local ricer.

yeah i bought red ones a year or so ago. they are shit qulaity, they fit you nice, good bolsters and everything, atleast for my body size ( 6ft and 170 lbs) im fairly thin guy, but when bigger ppl sit in my seats all they do is bitch. the fabric faded out in a year and it looks like crap nowl and if you have a del sol like me, have fuckin fun fabricating brackets to get them in when you can barely fit your arm around to the back. to be honest, they looked frigin cool when i got them, now a year later i cant wait to rip them out and burn them in my fire pit and get some nice JDM seats.

I guess my dad is a lucky guy as well as being an awsome dad. The shop on Ebay didn't ship them yet.

Full refund FTW!

$300 could have bought me a lot more useful stuff as well.

$300 is what I paid for my DAD seats, the pair. No shipping, I had to go to Philly to get them.

Asinine Pieces of Crap.

As a general rule APC is bad. If you want LED windwhield washer sprayer things, then go for it. other than that, i wouldnt have anything apc on my car. its just not worth it, and the company is the definition of rice.

Congrats on the refund...pretty cool.

I hug my Recaros in my Evo every day. :)

I agree with Battle on the Corbeaus.

Call me plain Jane, whatever, but these are the seats I want in my mustang...

Corbeau GTS-II's.

05.jpg

14.jpg

... Available in Microsuede(read: microfiber cloth) .... yummies. :)

those isuzu seats are fucking sweet...
i wonder if they have diffrent colors besides red and black

leather too
sweet

i just landed some 92-95 prelude si black leather seats for my hatch and i lub em

the izuzu seats also come in black and grey
they feel just like the del sol seats

:thumbsup:

I love Corbeaus....

And just because lots of people say that they're the "cheapest seats I would trust", remember that they are by NO means the "bottom of the line" for aftermarket racing seats. They're VERY good.

Of course. They're very good, but also very reasonably priced, which is why they get my vote.

Back