Are Dropzone shocks/struts + springs any good?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

95egvx

I just picked up a 95 VX and am gonna lower it and was wondering if anyone has had any experience with Dropzone shocks/struts + springs. I wondered how they compared to other well known companies like Eibach and Suspension Techniques. Any input or advice is appreciated!

Well, as far as lowering it goes--those will do it. Don't assume it will handle half as good as other setups, or last as long, or be as comfortable. If you are going springs + shocks, I will reccomend Eibach + Koni's or something to that line over autozone.

If you want cheap you have it right there. Cheap cost, cheap construction, cheap ride, cheap handling. I put them on my 00' si and disliked it soo much (handling) I went back to my stock setup.

Thank you all so much for your input. I will definitely spend the extra money and get something like Eibach, Neuspeed, or Suspension Techniques. Anyone have any personal favs or any recommendations?
Thanks again

Dropzones suck so badly I dont even want to go into it. You will definately be dissapointed with the results.

And I would start thinking about a suspention change as a way of upgrading the performance and handling characteristics of you car, not as a just a simple way of "lowering" your car. If you want to "lower" your car, take out your stock springs and chop off the first two coils. Will give you the same ride qualitly as the dropzones. And dont even bother with coilovers unless you can afford to buy a real coilover setup like Tein's or an equivilent.

My advice, whatever it's worth, would be to either go with a matched spring/shock setup like the H&R kit, or Eibach pro system, or go buy shocks and springs seperate. Stick to the major brands like Eibach, Koni, Neuspeed ect..... A good first setup for you would be some Koni Blue's, with either the Eibach Sportline springs (if your interested in preserving stock ride quality in day to day driving), or the Neuspeed equivilent (Neuspeed springs are usually a tad stiffer). Keep in mind that if you are going to drop the ride height more than 1.5", a camber kit would be a good idea. You will be burning out the inside track of your tires very soon if you dont get one.

Peace.

Back