Are my Coilovers Fake or real?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Dustin_m

My CRX had coilovers on it when i bought it so i don't know what kind they are. I saw the "special edition" Groud Control coilovers that use the allen wrench to adjust instead of the two perches that lock together. Well thats what i thought was on my car 'cause the springs are red, and the perches are gold color, and they use allen wrenches. The problem is that i can't see the ground control writing on them anywhere. Also when i tried to adjust them i loosened the perch and they wouldn't turn. Does anyone know if some company makes a cheap ass knockoff of these coilovers, or is there any way that i could tell if they aren't ground control.

Second thing. I was looking at the Tein Coilovers on the net and there were a shitload of different ones. Which ones would be best for my CRX? And are there any other coilovers that are comparable quality or better?

did u try cleaning the dirt and grit out of the threads before turning it?, sometimes that makes adjusting them a lot easyer.

GC's don't say GC on them anywhere that I can tell. That's what I have.

red sleeves, gold perches with an allen head lock. Red Eibach springs.

WD40 is a must if they haven't been adjsuted in a while.

:ditto: I have Ground Control coilovers and come to think of it, I don't think it says "Ground Control" on them anywhere. If your springs are dark Red Eibach with gold perches and uses an allen wrench to adjust, they sound like GC's to me.

ground control's do say ground control on them, but only like once on each spring its says eibach more. by the way, i was gonna adjust the rear (lower a little) byt i dont have the tool (if it needs one). how do you adjust them?

Alright thanks. Also in the magazine ad they say Ground Control and Eibach, but it might just be for the mag, i don't know. atleast they're probably real, not like it really matters. Oh how do the more expensive coilovers ride?? smoother?? mine ride hella rough, thinking of going back to just lowering springs. how hard is that?? will i have to buy a lot of parts. i'm not familiar with suspension very much.

You can swap out the springs on the perches of the Ground COntrols to tailor it to how YOU want it to ride. If it's too rough, get some softer springs, and back off on the dampening of your shocks, if they are adjustable.

Most GC kits have 350 fronts and 250 rears. Call Eibach, tell them what you have, and tell them what you need. There are little part numbers on each spring.

Originally posted by vtecsir1+Jul 15 2003, 01:30 AM-->
Originally posted by B16@Jul 10 2003, 05:14 PM
pissedoffsol
@Jul 10 2003, 12:58 AM
If you have the cash for Teins, I say go JIC (http://www.jicmagic.com)

people i've talked to at the track say jic is garbage, go with tein. :)

people i know(2) here in fl had teins and they rusted like a bitch

why you gotta bring up old shit? :p

supposidly they took care of that, guess i'll wait and see, hehe

do you know what shocks you have?

as for going to lowering springs youll need the springs and you can "borrow" a spring compressor from your local autozone. youre typical garage tools should get the job done, but an air compressor and impact wrench are desirable.

why do you need a spring compressor? i enjoy launching those fukers down the st.

Back