Are s2000's really slow?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

YouKnowWhoIBee

my avatar is better.
Nopi nationals (race wars for the ricers) is around my way this weekend at buds creek. There was alot of fast hondas. There was a 11 second all motor personally owned civic hatch just in the normal no class runs. Eric Aguilar was there. Anyway there was maybe 5 s2000s running and they all turned mid to high 15's and as far as i seen and heard they were all stock (except for the turboed one that was in the car show and not running). I didnt realize they were that slow? Do you think it was bad driving or are they really that slow??? Thanks in advance for your help in answering my question.

s2000s are not drag cars.

its like taking a 67 nova with a 454 and a locked rear diff on an autox.

they are meant for road course

werd. but there's tons of variables, what altitude are you guys at? wast it 150 degrees all day? were they all on street tires?

I've stomped the everloving shit out of an S2k on the drag strip, but I didn't get a big head because that car isnt made for dick-swinging straight line times. The S2000 isn't a drag car. The S2000 is made for the turns where it thrives. Ever seen a touge video of an s2k? It owns like no other.

I just figured a car that weight around 2800 pounds with 240 horsepower would turn alittle higher than that. But oh well thanks for ur impute. And btw it was about 80 degrees and it is in md. And the track is only 80 feet above sea level. But anyways thanks. :D

Jesus, in those conditions a decen t driver should be able to turn at least high 14's. Also, it's not the lack of horsepower that drags down the time, it's the lack of torque. In stock trim, the s2k dynos maybe 140wtq. The '04 models with the F22 dynos about ten more lbft, but it's still lackluster. I don't really give a shit though, I'd love to own one regardless.

14.1 stock if I am not mistaken, too many variables to consider

I pulled a 13.7 out of my 02 s2k which surpised me none the less it is what it is. I live in ohio so take it what you will.

Originally posted by waggyss2000@Jun 27 2004, 02:59 PM
I pulled a 13.7 out of my 02 s2k which surpised me none the less it is what it is. I live in ohio so take it what you will.

:werd: that rocks. I know plenty of Mustang guys who think a stock S2k can't reach anything less than a 14.5. ;)

Copy off of E a bit more, why don't you mr originality... :roll:

Wow, that must have been a 13.7 at twnety thousand leagues beneath the sea. Professional drivers can barely squeeze off a 14.1 wit those things. Not saying I don't believe it, it's just super unlikely for a bone stock s2k to run a 13.7.

A timeslip would be cool. B)

Originally posted by waggyss2000@Jun 27 2004, 02:59 PM

yeah i know u, i bought games off u haha, yeah here in ohio people seem to get better times for some reason B)

Originally posted by dohch22a4@Jun 28 2004, 11:58 PM
Wow, that must have been a 13.7 at twnety thousand leagues beneath the sea. Professional drivers can barely squeeze off a 14.1 wit those things. Not saying I don't believe it, it's just super unlikely for a bone stock s2k to run a 13.7.

A timeslip would be cool. B)

shyeaaah he had a snorkel on his intake and exhaust.

Must have, either that or ran it at Atlantis International Raceway. All I'm saying is that a bone stock s2k will not run in the 13's, ever, even at sea level, hence the 20k leagues reference. Not gonna happen. Think I'm wrong? Gimme a timeslip and I'll shut up. :)

ok it was on a Mustang Dynamometer does that not count. i can try to find the print out i was giving and no its not doctored up. But if it doesn't count or no one cares i will not try to find it. If it means anything they have had people run the same exact #'s at the track as on the dyno. I will look for that print out of my horsepower and 1/4 mile run.

this is the website of the dyno maker they say it is ac
http://www.mustangdyne.com/

No, a dyno timeslip isn't the same as a track time.

And besides the twisties, they have a nice top end. I posted a video on here a long time ago of a top end run hitting 281km/h (175.6 mp/h).

Back