Are these speakers good?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

In all the research I've done before buying speakers, I've never even heard of that brand.

WTF do you need 700w total power 6.5s for? They'll probably sound like absolute garbage without a 1400w dual channel amp powering them.

But for 35 bucks, go for it if you want them. I wouldn't personally though.

What watt of speakers sounds really good for 6.5" ?

Oh and what would you recommend gettin for a cheap price that has really good quality?

Quoted post[/post]]

Oh and what would you recommend gettin for a cheap price that has really good quality?

ALPINE! I just purchased a set of SPS-170As for the rear of my car, they sound GREAT and can be had for $60 shipped from -----> finestdeals <----- on ebay.

I also purchased a set of Type R components for the front, but truthfully, off of the head unit's power, the type S speakers own the type Rs, which are about 3 times more expensive.

Quoted post[/post]]

I just bought a set of Kenwood 6.5s from crutchfield.com. They're 150w each and sound absolutely awesome.

1. Those speakers. Plain and simple. 700W? come on. $20 too?
2. "They'll sound like garbage without 1400W" God I love underpowering myths...
3. "What watt of speaker sounds good?" Watts have as much importance of sound quality as horsepower has to a tire's ride quality. You may get louder/faster but its unrealated to it's potential subjective quality.

And phyre, alpine rates the type s and r as 90db and 87db efficient, respectivly. I would expect the type s to use the low power much better, therefore sounding "better". I'm sure you'd probably agree that off of a good amp the type r's are worth the money.

:werd: :werd: :werd: and :werd:

Those power ratings are probably for PMPO - peak magnetic power output. That has NOTHING to do with how much power the voice coil can actually handle.

Besides, looking at the power rating of a speaker and saying "it puts out 150W" is all wrong too. That's the power handling figure, not the power output figure. Your output all depends on what kind of amplifier you have driving the speaker, not what's on the label on the back of the magnet or printed on the dust cap.

Back