Are these VTEC cams?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

fatsoteg

Is there a way to tell if I have VTEC cams? I have a set i purchased and I dont know if they are or aren't. Are there any markings or numbers I should look for? I have pictures on ebay search listing #8038264230 . Thanks for any help.

Quoted post[/post]]
Is there a way to tell if I have VTEC cams? I have a set i purchased and I dont know if they are or aren't. Are there any markings or numbers I should look for? I have pictures on ebay search listing #8038264230 . Thanks for any help.
they should have a big third lobe in the middle of each sets of 2 small lobes.

the cams pictured in that auction are Vtec cams but he says they were pulled out of an LS. LS' are not Vtec. I'd stay away.

cams1.jpg

You tell me...

Ebay Link

They look like GSR cams to me.

Quoted post[/post]]
Quoted post[/post]]

the cams pictured in that auction are Vtec cams but he says they were pulled out of an LS. LS' are not Vtec. I'd stay away.
i haVE them listed on ebay, someone emailed me, seeing the ebay ad and told me they arent ls. reason i ask is, i was origanally told they were ls. If they are VTEC what are they worth, roughly?

Quoted post[/post]]
Quoted post[/post]]
Quoted post[/post]]

i haVE them listed on ebay, someone emailed me, seeing the ebay ad and told me they arent ls. reason i ask is, i was origanally told they were ls. If they are VTEC what are they worth, roughly?
oh I thought you were purchasing them. if they are B16 cams, expect $40-$50. If they are GSR's, anywhere from $80-$125 is fair.

I have a pair of 98 JDM GSR cams and probably still have the cam gear too. I switch to skunk2 internal when I got the motor swap at 35K. let me know if you interest. sorry for using ur post to ad.

Vtec

keep them until you are desperate for money lol. That is if they are gsr cams. anything lower than that, sell

yes, you can. but its a good idea to upgrade anyway. you can get itr dual valve springs for about $75

Quoted post[/post]]
yes, you can. but its a good idea to upgrade anyway. you can get itr dual valve springs for about $75

yeah and i just gave some away to good friend. :mrgreen: ohh well. Save them man. From my experience vtec pulled alot harder with those cams. It help me get 172 to the wheels with a stock exhaust

Quoted post[/post]]

Here's to lookin out for you. I was the one who sent the email! Didn't want to see you get shorted on cash :wink:

b16
f01942ae.jpg

gsr
11_1.JPG

looks like the gsr have a slightly bigger middle lobe

i would guess those are b16s comparing the pics

Back