are wastegate springs generic / interchangable??

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

DelSlo

hye guys. ive got a 38mm Performance Import Trends wastegate with the spring set at 9 psi. i want to get a 6 or 7 psi spring for the street and put in the 9 psi for the track. am i able to use one out of another company's turbo like a turbonetics or a tial??

thanx! :)

how much do you plan on boosting at the track? you should just get a 5psi spring and it should be fine up to 18psi.

get the low psi spring and buy adual stage boost controller. set the high solenoid at what you want ot run at teh 'track'. ITs annoying as hell to swap springs out all the time. And yes, they should all be the same.

yeah i havent heard of different springs.

although im pretty sure turnonetocs springs do not fit tials,

i know for a fact tial springs fit ssautochrome gates and vise versa.

as far as turbo smart and such, im not sure.

Quoted post[/post]]
how much do you plan on boosting at the track? you should just get a 5psi spring and it should be fine up to 18psi.

well im only a stock B16 but im runnin a T3/T4 hybrid garrett with a 48 A/R turbine and a .60 compressor, so with a stock B16a2 i figured it would be a decent amount of CFM to be flowing through her. was thinking of runnin a little less psi for driving around in the summer.

i met a guy who was runnin the same setup on a stock B16 at 9 psi with the same size turbo for over 100,000 miles, so i think my motor should be ok, just dont wanna use alot of boost till i want to ya know what i mean? i dont need 9 psi to drive at night with the little d16s runnin around toronto! lol id rather save it for some nice clean runs at the track!

a .48 hot side is a joke on a b series, no top end.

i suggest a 54 or 57 trim t3/t4 .63 hot side even for just moderate goals.

the .48/60 actually flows like no cfm. the wheel design is from the 80's.

Quoted post[/post]]
a .48 hot side is a joke on a b series, no top end.

i suggest a 54 or 57 trim t3/t4 .63 hot side even for just moderate goals.

the .48/60 actually flows like no cfm. the wheel design is from the 80's.

if a t4 48 and 60 flows no cfm, haha then what class is a TD05H turbo? a fuckin vacuum pump?? haha

I have a 48/60 on my b16. It is a decent turbo for moderate goals and daily driven. I run 12psi and it can/has handled 14 psi for a few runs. Stock B16 also. I dont expect more than 250whp though. I plan to upgrade in the future. Forged pistons are coming my way soon....think my #1 rings are on their way out. I think the culprit is presure in teh block during boost. I'm going to put the new pistons/rings in, and do a catch can/pcv setup soon.

itl handle 14psi cause it flows no cfm.

any descent size slug would pop your motor liek a zit on 14psi.

bottom line is, the .48 housing offers no advantage,

a smaller t3/t4 spools with no problemsa, and is extremely streetable.

Quoted post[/post]]
I have a 48/60 on my b16. It is a decent turbo for moderate goals and daily driven. I run 12psi and it can/has handled 14 psi for a few runs. Stock B16 also. I dont expect more than 250whp though. I plan to upgrade in the future. Forged pistons are coming my way soon....think my #1 rings are on their way out. I think the culprit is presure in teh block during boost. I'm going to put the new pistons/rings in, and do a catch can/pcv setup soon.

sounds nice man. my motor only has about 25,000 miles on it so im hoping it will last a while underboost, the money i saved fabricating my own kit im gonna spend on engine management! takin it to one of the best in the business up here!

out of curiosity, what size charge pipes are you running??

right on, i went with 2.5 inch as well but was worried it might be too small, made all the charge pipes up and welded them and prepped and painted them today. id post pics but i have no clue how to do that on this site.

thanks for the input B16

no problem man. Just to update. the motor is going to be rebuilt completely with forged internals and such, just because I dont feel like EVER tearing it down again.

Back