Are we ALONE?

What are your opinions

• yes...there are to many stars with planets, and some planets can produce life...and intellegence.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • not sure....Scully keeps Moulder in the dark!!! Lucky baste

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

ok let me get something straight. God made everything in 7 days correct? what happened on each day, in order? i want to see something.

this link has answers to EVERY evolution question, but i don't feel like copy and pasting all of it cause some of you don't care to know the truth but for those of you who do here ya go.

SolReaver Posted on Nov 20 2003, 07:21 PM

on a side note, the sega saturn was quite possibly the absolute worst video game console to have ever been created

thanks sol reaver.

DarkHand Posted on Nov 20 2003, 07:20 PM
Evolution is just random changes. Millions upon millions of those changes will not work. They'll result in horrible illnesses, deformities, and more. The tiny, tiny fraction of those mutations that do happen to help are the ones that continue on. A good one might not be seen for millions of years. But when it does show up, it's carried on.

ANY and EVERY change in one part of a bodies DNA will result in a tumor, and nothing more. it can be malignant, or benign but will never be anything more than that, a tumor.

i know enough about DNA and RNA to know that when it comes to cell reproduction, if the DNA sequence starts off wrong it cannot be corrected.

Originally posted by GSRCRXsi@Nov 20 2003, 07:25 PM
ok let me get something straight. God made everything in 7 days correct? what happened on each day, in order? i want to see something.

day 1: God creates day and night

Day2: God creates heaven and Earth

day 3: God creates land and sea and the plants

day 4: God creats the sun, moon and the stars

day 5: God creates the animals

day 6: God creates man and woman

day 7: God took a day off. :p

Originally posted by saturn_boy96+Nov 20 2003, 07:40 PM-->
@Nov 20 2003, 07:25 PM

I always wondered where the light came from between day 1 and day 4. ;)

Someone should explain it as well as my mom once did...cause I can't remember what she said. :)

Airj0ckey: burp
Airj0ckey: hmmm
Airj0ckey: that still tasted like curry
Airj0ckey: and not burritoes
Airj0ckey: why?
Kaori: ?
Airj0ckey: gepu
Kaori: nani sore?
Kaori: OEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
Kaori: kishooooooooooooo
Airj0ckey: curry at 3:30 ....
Airj0ckey: burritoes at 9:00
Kaori: mou ee
Airj0ckey: but burp now tasted like curry
Airj0ckey: is this true?
Airj0ckey: ANY and EVERY change in one part of a bodies DNA will result in a tumor, and nothing more. it can be malignant, or benign but will never be anything more than that, a tumor.

i know enough about DNA and RNA to know that when it comes to cell reproduction, if the DNA sequence starts off wrong it cannot be corrected.
Kaori: naniga?
Kaori: i know enough about DNA and RNA to know that when it comes to cell reproduction, if the DNA sequence starts off wrong it cannot be corrected
Kaori: kore ha atteru (edit..he is right)
Kaori: ue ha siron
Airj0ckey: hmmm
Kaori: nande?
Airj0ckey: no correction abilityis?
Kaori: tumor no koto?
Airj0ckey: DNA
Airj0ckey: if DNA goes a different way, it can't correct itself to change back to the other way
Airj0ckey: thus going into an overdrive to continually going the wronge way?
Kaori: base ha kimatteru kara
Kaori: A-T, C-G
Airj0ckey: ????
Kaori: DNA has 4 nucleotides
Kaori: 2 ko zutsu set de chain ni naru
Kaori: DNA no loop
Kaori: dakara overdrive ni narehen
Airj0ckey: mou 2 ko ha?
Kaori: 2ko yu-ta yan
Kaori: adenine to titochin, A-T
Airj0ckey: 4 stu ka ra...
Kaori: guanin to chimine, G-C
Airj0ckey: ahhh

^^^Just a little bit of what I talk like when I ponder the greater power....

The wife....... :worthy: :worthy: :worthy: :ph34r: :ph34r:

Originally posted by SolReaver+Nov 20 2003, 07:03 PM-->
Originally posted by Silverchild79@Nov 20 2003, 06:58 PM
Originally posted by SolReaver@Nov 20 2003, 06:39 PM
Silverchild79
@Nov 20 2003, 06:36 PM
with the sheer size of the universe it would be arogant to think we were alone

this is a foolish statement

explain your reasoning

I don't remember the number because it was a long time ago (junior year) when my AP World History teacher, possibly one of the smartest people I've ever met, liad it out for us.

"In the universe we know of X ammount of Galexies
containing X ammount of solar systems
containing X ammount of planets
let's say there is an .0001% chance for each of these planets to be able to sustain life
and let's say for all planets containing life there is an .0001% chance that it will be intelegant

So do the math and you'll find that by the odds there should be at least X ammount of planets, that we know of, which can sustain intelligant life. To think we are the ONLY planet with life would simply be arrogant"

I don't remember then final number but it was huge, and the percentage he used would seem modest. Taking our current hard knowledge of life per solar system there should be an 8ish% chance that life exists in every planet

see my previous post regarding argument by design ^^^

ur talking in circles, in the last page you claimed you didn't belive in life on other planets because you haven't seen any proof of it.

Well, Mr. Prove it to me, have you sloved the mistery on this air thing? They say it's there and that we use it all the time. Infact they claim we cannot live without it. But I see no air here, infact, the only thing I have EVER seen myself breathe was while exhailing on a cold morning. I saw steam. Maybe we breathe water ? Or maybe you should rethink your logic.

thank you. now, it says that the sun was made after the the earth was made. so whats to say how long a day was? without the sun, a day could be any amount of time. it could be 23 hours, it could be 25 hours, and it could also be billions of years. whats to say evolution didnt take place in this time frame? you cant deny that its possible.

Originally posted by sleepergtx+Nov 20 2003, 07:43 PM-->
Originally posted by saturn_boy96@Nov 20 2003, 07:40 PM
GSRCRXsi

Someone should explain it as well as my mom once did...cause I can't remember what she said. :)

it's easy, God is light. ;)

Originally posted by sleepergtx+Nov 20 2003, 07:43 PM-->
GSRCRXsi

and yes, if the plants were created before light was, how did the plants survive? most of the plants in the world rely on photosynthesis. without light they would die.

Originally posted by GSRCRXsi@Nov 20 2003, 07:52 PM
thank you. now, it says that the sun was made after the the earth was made. so whats to say how long a day was? without the sun, a day could be any amount of time. it could be 23 hours, it could be 25 hours, and it could also be billions of years. whats to say evolution didnt take place in this time frame? you cant deny that its possible.

yes, actually i can. God said it took one day to do his job on day one, and He said it took one day to do his job on day six.

the same word is used, even if you look at the original hebrew script. they have the same meaning- our approximate 24hr day.

here is a fallacy with your argument, where would the micro organisms come from? the only thing on the earth was dirt and water.

Originally posted by GSRCRXsi@Nov 20 2003, 07:53 PM
and yes, if the plants were created before light was, how did the plants survive? most of the plants in the world rely on photosynthesis. without light they would die.

God was the light, he just hadn't created a star to govern over the day yet. and the plants went one day without a sun, big deal.

Originally posted by saturn_boy96@Nov 20 2003, 07:59 PM
yes, actually i can. God said it took one day to do his job on day one, and He said it took one day to do his job on day six.

the same word is used, even if you look at the original hebrew script. they have the same meaning- our approximate 24hr day.

here is a fallacy with your argument, where would the micro organisms come from? the only thing on the earth was dirt and water.

you think the meaning of a word cant change due to circumstances?

ok here is my conclusion (also i have to go take my brother home so this will be my last post on this thread, thanks to every one who has participated thus far, and i look forward to contiueing this discusion with all of you, incase this thread gets closed while i am gone feel free to e-mail me an i will contiue this conversation with you too):

no, the meaning of the word did not change. it is the same word. and it is not being used in a metaphorical sense either.

why would it need to be, God is God. we don't even have an inkling of what that really means. think about this God exists outside of time. He was, He is, And he will always be. if you truly think about it it blows your mind.

the angels have been with God far longer than you or i have even been alive, but every day they learn something new about him. think about that.

man your no fun...had to leave...phishhh

anyways...aliens...are they here?
any stories?
any real sighting in the honda community?
I've seen some crazy shit....maybe it could be?
it took man 3000 years to perfect the wheel....but yet within 65 years we can shoot up to the moon......did we have help?

well, I guess this post made some people think...I hope...I'll check back in a few hours...bedtime..

G'nite gents and lady's

Originally posted by saturn_boy96+Nov 20 2003, 06:53 PM-->
Originally posted by sleepergtx@Nov 20 2003, 07:43 PM
GSRCRXsi

it's easy, God is light. ;)

so i create god/make god come out when i turn on the light?

if you do not believe that things can occur by accident, study the chaos theory. do a search on google.

so once again...god creates day and night, followed by heaven and earth etc etc. are you telling me that it is possible to have a universal day and a universal night? day and night by our definition is when a portion of the earth is in the light of the sun and when it is not.

Micro organisms at first if i recall my biology class correctly protein chains exist based on the common earth elements...carbon, oxygen, nitrogen, etc etc. These micro organisms (single celled organisms prokaryotes i assume) developed when an artifical cell wall was formed by oil bubbles submerged in the ocean created by waves hitting against the coast (you see this commonly in the foam created). Once these artifical cell walls were created the protein strands were able to move inside and become protected from their surroundings, giving birth to the first most basic forms of life. If you do not believe this there was an actual experiment done to artifically create this in a lab, and i'll look for the article if you need proof.

Originally posted by Airjockie@Nov 20 2003, 08:33 PM
man your no fun...had to leave...phishhh

anyways...aliens...are they here?
any stories?
any real sighting in the honda community?
I've seen some crazy shit....maybe it could be?
it took man 3000 years to perfect the wheel....but yet within 65 years we can shoot up to the moon......did we have help?

well, I guess this post made some people think...I hope...I'll check back in a few hours...bedtime..

G'nite gents and lady's

I've encountered an alien numerous times...he lives here in Fort Wayne...I got a pic of him one night...becareful...it's scary lookin.

Alien Picture

hahahha Sorry Brian. :ph34r: :ban:

Originally posted by Airjockie@Nov 20 2003, 07:33 PM

I think you'll agree that in recent years technological advances have come at a much greater pace than in prehistoric times. More technology = more methods of developing more technology.

weird, airjocky, my brother-in-law has the exact same theories as you... crazy shit

As long as there is no flaming, and the debate remains civil like it has, this could go on for 60 pages for all I care. I'm actually proud of all of you conducting yourselfs like this. :)

As for seeing things...

It was my 2nd week here in Whoregon. I was sitting in my cousin's back yard with my back to the sun, enjoying the day and reading a book. I happen to stop reading for a second, as I frequently do while reading, and glance to the north at about a 35° angle upwards. I see something in the sky. If you hold your hand at arms length, it was about half the size of your pinkey nail. Size wise, it looked like a Cessna at 2500' AGL (above ground level, for you ground pounders), but could tell it was MUCH futher away because of how its image was shimmering. I estimate it was up around 35,000- 40,000 feet, judging by how it looked in comparason to how a commercial jet looks at that altitude. It appeared to just be round from my point of view, without any wings or tail section. I watched it for about two minutes, and then shaded my eyes from the sun so I could get a closer look, and then dropped my pinky down next to it so I had a point of reference to see if it was moving. It wasn't. I watched it for about another minute and then looked towards the house to call my cousin out to see it. I looked back after about four seconds and it was gone. I quickly stood up and scanned the entire cloudless sky. Being an aviation nut, a private pilot, and spent most of my life on boats, I'm pretty good at picking small things out of a large expanse of nothingness. It just simply was gone.

Back