Are we ALONE?

What are your opinions

• yes...there are to many stars with planets, and some planets can produce life...and intellegence.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • not sure....Scully keeps Moulder in the dark!!! Lucky baste

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Originally posted by saturn_boy96+Nov 20 2003, 07:40 PM-->
@Nov 20 2003, 07:25 PM
ok let me get something straight. God made everything in 7 days correct? what happened on each day, in order? i want to see something.

day 1: God creates day and night

Day2: God creates heaven and Earth

day 3: God creates land and sea and the plants

day 4: God creats the sun, moon and the stars

day 5: God creates the animals

day 6: God creates man and woman

day 7: God took a day off. :p

um according to the bible plants were created after humans

Gen.2:4-7
These are the generations of the heavens and of the earth ... And every plant of the field before it was in the earth, and every herb of the field before it grew: for the LORD God had not caused it to rain upon the earth, and there was not a man to till the ground. But there went up a mist from the earth, and watered the whole face of the ground. And the LORD God formed man of the dust of the ground.

now before say, the errors are due to translation, or its a different version than what i read, blah blah blah think about this

if the copies we have now have errors, which copies are correct?

how do you know what's an error and what's supposed to be there?

what if the version you think is correct is just a copy?

how do you know your version isn't a copy?

Well, Mr. Prove it to me, have you sloved the mistery on this air thing? They say it's there and that we use it all the time. Infact they claim we cannot live without it. But I see no air here, infact, the only thing I have EVER seen myself breathe was while exhailing on a cold morning. I saw steam. Maybe we breathe water ? Or maybe you should rethink your logic.

umm...i hope you're joking. air is a colorless gas. it does exist and has been proven. have you taken 8th grade molecular bio? lol

and we do not breathe water, because water is h20 and the air that we breathe that allows us to live is mostly nitrogen and oxygen. this is proven stuff, dude
lol

Originally posted by saturn_boy96@Nov 20 2003, 06:11 PM
ok, we will leave religion out of it, but only to a point, because you can see God in more than just "religion".

one word, Entropy.

entropy says that everything goes from a state of order to a state of chaos. its been proven. nothing can go from a state of chaos to a state of order without an outside force acting on it.

I hate it when you religious folks try to use fancy scientific language and just fuck everything up. Here's a tip, scientific terms don't have the same meaning as everyday language.

Entropy has very little to do with biology and the evolution of species and much to do with the 2nd law of thermodynamics. Here's the definition of entropy;

"Consider any infinitesimal process in which a system changes from one equilibrium state to another. If the amount of energy transferred by heat when the system follows a reversible path between the states, then the change in entropy is equal to this amount of energy for the reversible process divided by the absolute termperature of the system" -Clausius, 1865

here's the reader's digest version, if you consider all of the gasoline molecules in a combustion chamber before combustion, then they are going to be in randomly moving direction, they are never all going to be moving in the same direction. It's going to take more energy to get the gas particles all aligned than for them to be randomly moving, this is the disorder that ignoramus was talking about. The heat death of the universe, when the entropy of the universe reaches a maximum and all physical processes stop, is probably what you were talking about. However, entropy has always been increasing, in fact, the entire rise of human beings has occured amidst this entropy progression.

Moral of the story: Don't use words you don't understand.

Originally posted by Loco Honkey@Nov 20 2003, 09:01 PM
As long as there is no flaming, and the debate remains civil like it has, this could go on for 60 pages for all I care. I'm actually proud of all of you conducting yourselfs like this. :)

As for seeing things...

It was my 2nd week here in Whoregon. I was sitting in my cousin's back yard with my back to the sun, enjoying the day and reading a book. I happen to stop reading for a second, as I frequently do while reading, and glance to the north at about a 35° angle upwards. I see something in the sky. If you hold your hand at arms length, it was about half the size of your pinkey nail. Size wise, it looked like a Cessna at 2500' AGL (above ground level, for you ground pounders), but could tell it was MUCH futher away because of how its image was shimmering. I estimate it was up around 35,000- 40,000 feet, judging by how it looked in comparason to how a commercial jet looks at that altitude. It appeared to just be round from my point of view, without any wings or tail section. I watched it for about two minutes, and then shaded my eyes from the sun so I could get a closer look, and then dropped my pinky down next to it so I had a point of reference to see if it was moving. It wasn't. I watched it for about another minute and then looked towards the house to call my cousin out to see it. I looked back after about four seconds and it was gone. I quickly stood up and scanned the entire cloudless sky. Being an aviation nut, a private pilot, and spent most of my life on boats, I'm pretty good at picking small things out of a large expanse of nothingness. It just simply was gone.

im with you 100%

im nont an aviation nut, but planes have what?? 4 lights ont the bottom of em??

i was sitting outside of my house and about 1500ft up in teh air i saw "something" that was kindof hovering and must of had about 25-30 lights on the bottom mostly white and blue (and to my knowledge planes nor helicopters dont have blue lights on em) i had to blink a few times to make sure i wasnt dreaming so i yelled to my parents and when i looked back to the sky it was gone

i have no idea

Originally posted by sleepergtx@Nov 20 2003, 08:37 PM

I've encountered an alien numerous times...he lives here in Fort Wayne...I got a pic of him one night...becareful...it's scary lookin.

Alien Picture

hahahha Sorry Brian. :ph34r: :ban:

motherfucking asswipe sonofabitch!! ima kick your ass bish!!

LOL j/p man

ok maybe you can explain this one....

god made adam and eve right? and after that, all other humans are a product of them right?

in the bible, adam and eve are depicted as "intelligent". they could freely communicate, they were not primitive in any way.

so how does this explain the existance of neandethals and cromagnon (sp?) people? they are both proved to have existed and were very primitive.

thats saying that we went backwards, evolutionarily.

Futhermore, 2 people reproducing cannot account for all the different races in the world if you do not believe in evolution. if evolution didnt occur, everyone would be the same color. but we are not. therefore, even *IF* (key word) the adam and eve story was true, adaptation and evolution must have occured.

Damn, I didn't expect the Spanish Inquisition!

(Three Civic's pull up outside, The Driver of each runs in ..)

NOBODY expects the Spanish Inquisition!

I'm torn here... As a contributing member of UFON (and Romanias MUFON), a member and writer for The Enterprise Mission (Richard Hoagland (Face on Mars)) and personal contacts of many in the UFO research guilds, I have many important things to input into the topic.

However, looking at the foaming-at-the-mouth going on here, I'm hesitant to state it.

-> Steve

Originally posted by Airjockie@Nov 20 2003, 07:49 PM
Airj0ckey: burp
Airj0ckey: hmmm
Airj0ckey: that still tasted like curry
Airj0ckey: and not burritoes
Airj0ckey: why?
Kaori: ?
Airj0ckey: gepu
Kaori: nani sore?
Kaori: OEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
Kaori: kishooooooooooooo
Airj0ckey: curry at 3:30 ....
Airj0ckey: burritoes at 9:00
Kaori: mou ee
Airj0ckey: but burp now tasted like curry
Airj0ckey: is this true?
Airj0ckey: ANY and EVERY change in one part of a bodies DNA will result in a tumor, and nothing more. it can be malignant, or benign but will never be anything more than that, a tumor.

i know enough about DNA and RNA to know that when it comes to cell reproduction, if the DNA sequence starts off wrong it cannot be corrected.
Kaori: naniga?
Kaori: i know enough about DNA and RNA to know that when it comes to cell reproduction, if the DNA sequence starts off wrong it cannot be corrected
Kaori: kore ha atteru (edit..he is right)
Kaori: ue ha siron
Airj0ckey: hmmm
Kaori: nande?
Airj0ckey: no correction abilityis?
Kaori: tumor no koto?
Airj0ckey: DNA
Airj0ckey: if DNA goes a different way, it can't correct itself to change back to the other way
Airj0ckey: thus going into an overdrive to continually going the wronge way?
Kaori: base ha kimatteru kara
Kaori: A-T, C-G
Airj0ckey: ????
Kaori: DNA has 4 nucleotides
Kaori: 2 ko zutsu set de chain ni naru
Kaori: DNA no loop
Kaori: dakara overdrive ni narehen
Airj0ckey: mou 2 ko ha?
Kaori: 2ko yu-ta yan
Kaori: adenine to titochin, A-T
Airj0ckey: 4 stu ka ra...
Kaori: guanin to chimine, G-C
Airj0ckey: ahhh

^^^Just a little bit of what I talk like when I ponder the greater power....

The wife....... :worthy: :worthy: :worthy: :ph34r: :ph34r:

This is the most fucked up post I have ever read in MY LIFE and I think this deserves a permanent seat in a hall of fame.

This is so surreal, the room is spinning. My eyes hurt.

-> Steve

Also, it's Cytozine.

:lmao: Good topic, decent debate.

Originally posted by Celerity@Nov 20 2003, 10:46 PM
Damn, I didn't expect the Spanish Inquisition!

(Three Civic's pull up outside, The Driver of each runs in ..)

NOBODY expects the Spanish Inquisition!

I'm torn here... As a contributing member of UFON (and Romanias MUFON), a member and writer for The Enterprise Mission (Richard Hoagland (Face on Mars)) and personal contacts of many in the UFO research guilds, I have many important things to input into the topic.

However, looking at the foaming-at-the-mouth going on here, I'm hesitant to state it.

-> Steve

please share :)

oh and I do believe that statistcally there is some form of intellegent life somewhere in the vast openness we call a universe

and the universe as we know it was not created by some higher power or being, there is no scientific proof to back that theory one bit. one the other hand the big bang theory is the only scientific model that is accepted and holds true to the equations we have derived from our system.

If you can show me a mathematical/scientific proof God exists I'll give you $1x10^9
there's no traces of any type of remains or DNA etc...

Originally posted by saturn_boy96+Nov 20 2003, 07:11 PM-->
ok, we will leave religion out of it, but only to a point, because you can see God in more than just "religion".

one word, Entropy.

entropy says that everything goes from a state of order to a state of chaos. its been proven. nothing can go from a state of chaos to a state of order without an outside force acting on it.
other than stating entropy as the basis of the 2nd law of thermodynamics
ΔS= ΔQ/T where ΔS >= 0

this only describes heat transfer as in heat typically move from warmer objects to cooler and not vice versa. not that it isn't statistically impossible for the reverse to be true

entropy broadly describes the degree of disorder or uncertainty in a system nothing more nothing less.

It says nothing about a god(s) . Religion and sience have nothing in common.

saturn_boy96

evolution says chaos---->order

evelotion doesn't dictate that a system in chaos will form order.
all it means is things change or mutate to survive.

the fine print

and with all that being said I'm soory I had to deviate from my norm and speak about religion, the views and opinions expressed are those of my own if you do not agree or condone them please stop reading and move on.

oh and airjocky I couldn't understand a word of what you were speaking in your IM.
do you speak another language we're not aware of

Originally posted by GSRCRXsi@Nov 20 2003, 10:18 PM

god made adam and eve right? and after that, all other humans are a product of them right?

in the bible, adam and eve are depicted as "intelligent". they could freely communicate, they were not primitive in any way.

so how does this explain the existance of neandethals and cromagnon (sp?) people? they are both proved to have existed and were very primitive.

yes it still does allow for neanderthals

when people think that god created everytinhg in a "Day"
the word "Day" it a relative term, it doesnt mean 24 hours

so if you can look past that then you would see taht the "days" of god creating earth actually coincides with the theory of evolution.

god made the earth then he made animals ( the small bacteria evolved into animals)

animals came first, then god made people ( animals evolved into people)

Originally posted by brntorangehatch@Nov 21 2003, 01:00 AM
my only question.... did god create dinosaurs?

a better question did dinosaurs believe in god.
lol, hehehe, what a joke.

seriously tho, poeple can believe in what ever they choose. the only thing one should not do is confuse the creation of the universe and mankind with religion.

religion was created to give a quick and simple answer to what mankind did not understand about were they came from and how. and some prophet created the story of a god(s)

as the homoerectous began to learn about it's environment and study what we call science. the idea of religion was tossed aside

yes, he and his wife speak fluent japanese. she is from japan. :D

as for the post about the DNA, thats stuff i learned in high school....:shrug2:

I had a feeling she was from japan
and I've met airjocky and had no idea he spoke japanese
was it hard to learn ?

yup...Japanese...hehe

and the funny thing is...she is in the same house..we use IM intead of actually sitting in the same room to talk...when I am in the mood to smoke a cigg, have a beer, talk cars with the guys...etc...

Originally posted by Smonkeyboy+Nov 20 2003, 11:58 PM-->
@Nov 20 2003, 10:18 PM

yes it still does allow for neanderthals

when people think that god created everytinhg in a "Day"
the word "Day" it a relative term, it doesnt mean 24 hours

so if you can look past that then you would see taht the "days" of god creating earth actually coincides with the theory of evolution.

god made the earth then he made animals ( the small bacteria evolved into animals)

animals came first, then god made people ( animals evolved into people)

dude thats what i just said a little while ago in the post. did you read the whole thread? :blink:

and your answer had nothing to do with what i said. just stop now.

Originally posted by CRX-YEM+Nov 21 2003, 12:16 AM-->
brntorangehatch
@Nov 21 2003, 01:00 AM
my only question.... did god create dinosaurs?

a better question did dinosaurs believe in god.
lol, hehehe, what a joke.

seriously tho, poeple can believe in what ever they choose. the only thing one should not do is confuse the creation of the universe and mankind with religion.

religion was created to give a quick and simple answer to what mankind did not understand about were they came from and how. and some prophet created the story of a god(s)

as the homoerectous began to learn about it's environment and study what we call science. the idea of religion was tossed aside

i agree with everything you just said. :nod:

Back