Are you covered?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

I understood everything crystal clear. I just found it comical that you're calling him out on his own policy, that's all. No need to be a dick. But then again...you get off on this shit, don't you?

Pleaseeeee, it's the fucking internet.... who cares.
All he told him was to at least double check so he can be sure... I don't see any where that he said "nope, you're not covered"

Jesus, burnout... I just had a meeting with my agent last night. I looked over my old written policy. It stated clearly that I was covered in these type of situations.

Since January of 07 though, my policy has changed, and I receive policy changes whenever they're instated. If I went back to delivering, I would not be covered because they changed the laws or laws reguarding coverages for these types of vehicle uses.

Anyway, I know I was covered. My insurance agent has been doing this for 30 years. How long have you been doing it?

I'll trust him, who has my specific policy in his hand, over you who's rambling on trying to convince me I didn't see what I saw over the internet.

I trust your judgement, and you're obviously a professional at what you do, but why is it hard for you to believe it?

My previous employer (my wife still works there though) has had accident forgiveness since 1984 - they just don't market it like other companies have until recently. They've also had a disapearing deductible since 84 as well.

Question to you is: who's my previous employer? No answers from B, Jeef or Scrapin please ;)

what about me??

I'm not saying I'm right and your agent is wrong, I'm saying double check what he said because many people have no idea what they're talking about. Once again, just check for the exclusions of 'Limousine services' if you really want a definitive answer.

but why is it hard for you to believe it?
all he said was to make sure on your own so you don't get screwed. he was just trying to help you.

agreed with burnout/bob. pizza guys and others who use personal cars for work usually need to carry an additional rider.

all he said was to make sure on your own so you don't get screwed. he was just trying to help you.

I realize that, but I told him several times that I asked and I have my policy in hand. Yet he still thinks I don't ask my agent questions or read the fine print.

Jesus, burnout... I just had a meeting with my agent last night. I looked over my old written policy. It stated clearly that I was covered in these type of situations.

Since January of 07 though, my policy has changed, and I receive policy changes whenever they're instated. If I went back to delivering, I would not be covered because they changed the laws or laws reguarding coverages for these types of vehicle uses.

Anyway, I know I was covered. My insurance agent has been doing this for 30 years. How long have you been doing it?
That makes it even more synickle - he's an old ins. salesman - they hold no liability as they are technically "the middle man." What he verbally says to you holds no bearing because its not documented any where...

what about me??
I always forget someone - I'm sure I've forgotten more than you who know... :D

I realize that, but I told him several times that I asked and I have my policy in hand. Yet he still thinks I don't ask my agent questions or read the fine print.

1) I never disputed what your agent told you. I explained to you, how sometimes salespeople get the name they do from either intentionally misinforming customers or unintentionally.

2) Did you read the fine print? I told you to and not to just take the agent's word for it.

Let me ask you a question, who's butt is it if you were to get an accident and found out you weren't actually covered for that particular accident? Yours, right? Thats why I urged you to be proactive and check for yourself. In the end, the person who you can always trust and count on is yourself.

If your contract includes the term "Livery" or "Limousine Services", you might want to look over your policy.

My previous employer (my wife still works there though) has had accident forgiveness since 1984 - they just don't market it like other companies have until recently. They've also had a disapearing deductible since 84 as well.

Question to you is: who's my previous employer? No answers from B, Jeef or Scrapin please ;)

Jeez, I really don't know. I assume its a company that is prominent in the NorthEast.

I knew that places had disappearing deductibles for quite some time, you normally just had to pay the additional fees that most people thought to be absorbent and opted against.

1) I never disputed what your agent told you. I explained to you, how sometimes salespeople get the name they do from either intentionally misinforming customers or unintentionally.

2) Did you read the fine print? I told you to and not to just take the agent's word for it.

Let me ask you a question, who's butt is it if you were to get an accident and found out you weren't actually covered for that particular accident? Yours, right? Thats why I urged you to be proactive and check for yourself. In the end, the person who you can always trust and count on is yourself.

If your contract includes the term "Livery" or "Limousine Services", you might want to look over your policy.

Considering I had the policy for 6 years prior to asking about this, I don't get why you're rebutting with this line. I didn't wander in and buy a policy because of this coverage, I asked my agent from the policy I already had.

Considering I had the policy for 6 years prior to asking about this, I don't get why you're rebutting with this line. I didn't wander in and buy a policy because of this coverage, I asked my agent from the policy I already had.
Whether or not he was making a sale has little bearing on whether or not he's truly knowledgeable about such situations. As I said, misinformation can be either intentional or unintentional.

Driving your own vehicle, on your own policy, for livery services - Not covered 99% of the time
Driving a company vehicle, on a company policy - You fall under the umbrella of your employer's policy

Once again, you can't yield simple, solid advice.

Did you ever read your policy?

Last edited:
Jeez, I really don't know. I assume its a company that is prominent in the NorthEast.

I knew that places had disappearing deductibles for quite some time, you normally just had to pay the additional fees that most people thought to be absorbent and opted against.

It's actually a global company...:D

Whether or not he was making a sale has little bearing on whether or not he's truly knowledgeable about such situations. As I said, misinformation can be either intentional or unintentional.

Driving your own vehicle, on your own policy, for livery services - Not covered 99% of the time
Driving a company vehicle, on a company policy - You fall under the umbrella of your employer's policy

Once again, you can't yield simple, solid advice.

Did you ever read your policy?

Yes I have read my old policy. I told you I did at least once in a previous post.

Yes I have read my old policy. I told you I did at least once in a previous post.

So you read the entire contract including the fine print, that no one ever reads? In doing so, you understood the terminology "Livery service"?

Come on now.

When I don't understand something, I ask. I also told you I asked my agent what some of it meant.

I mean shit, tb, just because I'm not an insurance agent doesn't mean I don't know anything about my policy. Do you have any idea how paranoid about my car I am? I'll ask them anything and everything. I even asked about being covered at the drag strip for Christs sake.

You ran off saying I'm an idiot but you didn't ever bother to ask if I had mentioned putting extra coverage on so I could deliver and be covered. Which I did. Which is why I knew I was covered.

As of right now, that coverage doesn't exist anymore from what I've been told (wouldn't be able to do it, in otherwords) but I never plan on delivering again anyway.

I didn't run off telling anyone they were idiots.

If anything I feel that people on here should be thanking me if I try to give them helpful advice.

Here you are, a guy that I've never met before, and I'm trying to look out for you and make sure you're protected under your coverage, because I know that people generally are not without specific riders, and giving you the advice to double check for yourself.

Seriously, everyone else in this thread, with the exception of dveit, understood what I was trying to say and how I was trying to help.

I didn't need your help though. This went from a simple thread about how I more clearly understand my coverages now and if you know what you're covered for or not.

I have checked and rechecked several times. Hell I even found an error on my bank form (my loan is through the same company as my insurance is through) and alerted them to the error.

My coverages are 100/300/100k, including uninsured/underinsured/towing, others in car medical coverages with a 500 deductible. I'm very VERY well protected with this company; there are some other things on there I can't remember off the top of my head, and if I had my policy in front of me right now I could give you specifics of it all. I just talked with my agent yesterday, and I'm doing the wiring for his new office which is less than a block from my house now.

I appreciate it, but it turned a random thread into a debate.

Back