Are you covered?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

I was going to tell you about the fender bender I got into while driving for Blendz (my old job) and they told me since I was driving my own car, my insurance would cover it. I told them it wouldn't and told them why. Luckily, he offered to pay for the damage... and then I sold them a Scion xB to use for their delivery vehicle so it wouldn't happen again. Then, the company is liable for the damage to its own car. But, there was no need for that. I guess it's beating a dead horse anyway since you won't use it for delivering pizzas (or anything else) anymore. :D

I had a debate with someone about a year ago about women vs men.

Fact: more men are registered drivers than women. Correct?

Fact: teenage boys pay higher premiums (but also tend to get more discounts over time if staying with one company) than teenage women.

My theory: women actually cause more accidents per total amount of woman drivers than men per total men drivers.

women causing accidents/total women drivers age 16-21.

men causing accidents/total men drivers age 16-21.

I know that men will cause more accidents overall (against all drivers combined), which is why they pay higher premiums.

I know that womens rates are catching up to mens of the same ages, but is there any way to find out these kinds of numbers, totalburnout?

THE IF PART
If the total women causing accidents per all women drivers in a certain age group is actually of a higher percentage, why not charge them more?

women cause/have more acceidents than men....

but men usually get in more severe accidents than women.

women hit people in parking lots cuz they can't drive.
men flip cars at 150 and kill 3 people.

:)

I had a debate with someone about a year ago about women vs men.

Fact: more men are registered drivers than women. Correct?

Fact: teenage boys pay higher premiums (but also tend to get more discounts over time if staying with one company) than teenage women.

My theory: women actually cause more accidents per total amount of woman drivers than men per total men drivers.

women causing accidents/total women drivers age 16-21.

men causing accidents/total men drivers age 16-21.

I know that men will cause more accidents overall (against all drivers combined), which is why they pay higher premiums.

I know that womens rates are catching up to mens of the same ages, but is there any way to find out these kinds of numbers, totalburnout?

THE IF PART
If the total women causing accidents per all women drivers in a certain age group is actually of a higher percentage, why not charge them more?

Government institutions will have the statistics.
Insurance companies will have the statistics.

Most of the time you can make statistics speak many different things depending on how you present the data. (i.e., the demographic of the people being compared).

Until insurance companies actuaries tell the underwriters that woman are a greater risk than men, than policies are going to continue to be underwritten the way they currently are underwritten.

More often than not, insurance companies aren't lowering the premiums for young males, but rather increasing the premiums for young females to be in line with young males.

Risk is assessed many different ways, with the underlying factor being the overall cost to the insurance company. If males are in less accidents but cause more severe damage than their premiums will still be higher. Sadly, along with the fact that the relative number of motorcycles on the roads are low, premiums are also low because when a bike is wrecked the total value is usually less than a car and the hospital bills for riders are generally less, because well...much of the time they're dead.

The breaking point is generally Age: 24.

Last edited:
women cause/have more acceidents than men....

but men usually get in more severe accidents than women.

women hit people in parking lots cuz they can't drive.
men flip cars at 150 and kill 3 people.

:)

:werd:

I believe Steve worked for either Travelers or Aetna, but I could be completely wrong

Ha, it just came to me ,The Hartford

Back