Are You Roadwise?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

94RedSiGal

AAA is coming out with a test to help senior citizens determine if they should be still driving. They can take it in the privacy of their own home. Well at least it's a start as old people driving poorly on the roads is a growing problem for all of us. I don't know what's worse, sharing the road with old people or SUV's.... lol.
AAA worked with scientists from TransAnalytics for over a year and a half to develop “AAA Roadwise Review: A Tool to Help Seniors Drive Safely Longer.” The CD-ROM test measures eight skills proven to be among the leading predictors of crash risk among older drivers: leg strength and mobility, head/neck flexibility, high- and low-contrast visual acuity, working memory, visualization of missing information, visual search and useful field of view.

AAA World article on Road Wise

I hate to break it to the AAA company, but what makes them think that if seniors are questioning their driving abilities, that they have the ability opporate a computer. Most seniors do not know how to opporate a computer.

No nore do I really care about spelling on a car forum. If this was a spelling and punctuation forum, I would bother to proof this shit.

Originally posted by MaaseyRacer@Jan 12 2005, 06:37 PM
I hate to break it to the AAA company, but what makes them think that if seniors are questioning their driving abilities, that they have the ability opporate a computer. Most seniors do not know how to opporate a computer.
[post=444771]Quoted post[/post]​

Seniors driving on our is a growing problem. The AARP group is all defensive about it. At least AAA is trying something and it's something that can be done in the privacy of ones home and not report the results back to any state or federal group. I see this more as a tool for the families that are concerned over their elder members still driving when they shouldn't be. Maybe a younger caring computer saavy family member will help their aging parent or grandparent with this test. *shrug*

I agree...I'm still going to stay the hell out of farmer's markets for a long ass tiem.

Rather than just assume all old farts are bad drivers I have no problems with taking a Federal or State sanctioned licence retest every 10years, they should make everyone do it not just a selected few. If we all we reminded of the driving rules every few years (as the do change) we would all be better off.

Originally posted by CRX-YEM@Jan 13 2005, 09:29 AM
Rather than just assume all old farts are bad drivers I have no problems with taking a Federal or State sanctioned licence retest every 10years, they should make everyone do it not just a selected few. If we all we reminded of the driving rules every few years (as the do change) we would all be better off.
[post=445057]Quoted post[/post]​

been saying that for YEARS now

Originally posted by E_SolSi+Jan 14 2005, 04:39 PM-->
@Jan 13 2005, 09:29 AM
[post=445057]Quoted post[/post]​

been saying that for YEARS now
[post=445823]Quoted post[/post]​

:withstupid: :werd:

Back