Are your car mods reported to DMV or Insurance?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

JL is also licenced from another pyle-like chinese company. Can't remember who though.

Yeah. I actually got to track down a really good OEM maker, Aura. No news, but they are tough to find.

MTX ? Yeah, Pyle sends their thanks.

Vega:
Panasonic MP3 / Sirius deck
Audiovox XC90 XM unit
Infinity Basslink 1
4x Infinity reference components

Um... Done.

:)

Also, I used to work as an installer at a high end shop.

lol nice......

Jeez, you'd pay that much for MTX? I bet I can put together something better for cheaper and will knock harder. Eclipse, JL Audio, PPI, and Mobile Authority FTMFW!!! :D

Like I said I won't pay that much due to my discounts, but I highly doubt anything on that list will outknock MTX head to head, and for the record JL is not cheaper than MTX, factory direct the MTX 9500 series subs are about $200 cheaper than JL 13W7 which is what was compared to the 9500series subs, and besides my brother's accord is full JL and his shit is valued at slightly over $9000 and as far as single subs go to outperform MTX's lafgest sub u would need at least 3 of any subs to try to hold close the true 22 JackHammer baby

MTX ? Yeah, Pyle sends their thanks.

Vega:
Panasonic MP3 / Sirius deck
Audiovox XC90 XM unit
Infinity Basslink 1
4x Infinity reference components

Um... Done.

:)

Also, I used to work as an installer at a high end shop.

Just cause they have the same mosfett system, don't confuse the two, Pyle is a piece of shit, when I had my passport I was running 4 8000 series MTX dual voice coils on a 1600 watt pyle amp, fried the shit out of it switched over to a straight mtx amp, ended up being the loudest sytem in this area at that time

Are u serious, "What can u assemble now adays for $6000" ? But I guess you're not really into stereos. Here's what my new system will consist of when I'm through with it. All out MTX stereo:

1 15" 9515-44 sub, $774.99 MTX T9500 Series

1 TA-92001 amp $1,999 MTX TA92001 Class D Mono Thunder Super Amplifier

pair pf TX-6903 6X9's, $149.99 MTX TDX-6903

pair of TXC's 6.1 components, $499.99 MTX TXC6.1

Set of T1000 tweeters $79.99 MTX TX-1000

1 TA-7401 amp, $799.99 MTX TA-7804

1 TA-5601 amp, $579.99 MTX TA-5601

A alpine center channel SBS-05DC, $149.99 Alpine SBS-05DC In-dash center channel car speaker at Crutchfield.com

and the Kenwood 25th anniversard edition deck XXV-05V $1,539 Kenwood Corporation | Products | Car Entertainment | 25th Anniversary | XXV-05V

Which totals to $6572.93 which does not include the 6 screens that will be going in, the wiring, the cap, the gell cells, Or the $2000 it would cost for the install cause of all the custom work that will have to be done, cause of th motorized amp racks, fiber glass, and materials.

Now while I won't be paying nearly as much cause I work for my boy that has his own car audio business so we'll get everything discounted straight from the manufacturers.

You're paying upwards of six grand for 5.1? I've had it for years and it's cost me less than two. :ph34r:

You'll enjoy the hell out of it I can guarantee that.

everything i do to my mirage that costs me money is documented by my insurance company. my choice.

You're paying upwards of six grand for 5.1? I've had it for years and it's cost me less than two. :ph34r:

You'll enjoy the hell out of it I can guarantee that.
Oh I know I'll enjoy it, sure u paid less than 2 but I garauntee when I'm done mine will sound better :)

Oh I know I'll enjoy it, sure u paid less than 2 but I garauntee when I'm done mine will sound better :)

OFF TOPIC AGAIN! holy gaydm batman just stop. jesus the thread is about reporting mods to the insurance company, not your bangin system in your type r powered algayza taillight light wearing civic.

you're WAY TOO NEW here to get that upset :)

Louder perhaps. I didn't spend tons of cash on overpowering amplifiers. Turning the block into a party isn't my style. All in moderation. My processor is also a seperate unit so I have my choice in headunit. Pair of 8's in the back, roughly 400 watts for the entire system.

The only thing I am missing are some nice components.

Anywho, back on topic... I do not report my modifications to anybody. I have liability only so it wouldn't make a difference.

OFF TOPIC AGAIN! holy gaydm batman just stop. jesus the thread is about reporting mods to the insurance company, not your bangin system in your type r powered algayza taillight light wearing civic.
Well if you paid attention buddy, I wasn't the one that went off topic, I posted my response to the topic and someone asked a question so I answered, but shit you should be used to this, haven't u realized most threads here end up going in a totally different direction than the original post.

DOn't hate on the Civic, lol

Last edited:
should i report my i love my toaster sticker on my xb, think it will raise my rates? lol

well then my i love my honda heel toe sticker must make my crx not street legal with all the power it makes, lol.
And you're talking bout me going off topic, but that shit is still hilarious

Back