Are Zc dual overheads legal in Ca?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

I recently got pulled over in cali and got into some issues for having exhaust and intake and illegal headers. I just bought the crx from my buddie and he moved to Texas, so he told me to come on here and see what information i could get regarding this issue. I have a zc dual overhead cam motor, does anyone know if its legal in cali. I recently changed the intake, headers and added a cadillac convertor. But i not big on cars and laws, so Im hoping someone can help??:confused:

No chance of passing it off as an 86-89 Integra motor?
it may be possible as long as your car is 88-89 - you cannot swap an engine into your car that is older than the car and the swapped engine has to meet all of the requirements for the year of the engine - here is a thread from another forum from a guy trying to get it done and what he had to go through - i don't know if he ever got the car to pass

First DOHC ZC Bar Certified in Northern CA?? - Honda Forum / Acura Forum - SuperHonda.com

Back