ARGH!!!! story of the Day

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

how bout payment for loss of sleep, which inturn effected you performance at the job the following morning, causing you to lose sales and income?:ph34r:

how bout payment for loss of sleep, which inturn effected you performance at the job the following morning, causing you to lose sales and income?:ph34r:
it was fantastic. i lost about 4 hours of sleep and then worked 12 1/2 hours. i love my life. ^_^

Need some advice before going to the insurance estimator tuesday. the right headlight was broken before before it got hit. i'm not sure if you guys can tell it was done before tuesday or ifi could say they broke it when they hit it.

1)should i tell them it had just a little damage to the body work and no broken headlight.
2)should i tell them the one headlight was broken already?
3)should i finish off the headlight that was just broken when it got hit.

Attachments

• IMG_0582.JPG
    IMG_0582.JPG
    292.6 KB · Views: 111
  • IMG_0583.JPG
    IMG_0583.JPG
    344.3 KB · Views: 115
  • IMG_0584.JPG
    IMG_0584.JPG
    246.7 KB · Views: 87
Tell them that it got broken when it got hit. Unless it was broken when the insurance company first appraised the car, there's no reason they'd suspect that it wouldn't be broken in that kind of accident. Appraisers usually are in a hurry, and if theres a body panel/assembly that is just partially fucked up - they will write it off anyway as part of the estimate.

don't tell them anything
you don't know anything about cars
just let them check it out and decide

no reason to lie, they'll probably just assume its from the accident

don't tell them anything
you don't know anything about cars
just let them check it out and decide

no reason to lie, they'll probably just assume its from the accident
it's going to be a pain since it's converted to right hand drive. i hope that doesn't create a problem.

luckily i have receipts for everything to show the value of the car. if they were to go off of actual kbb it would be a total loss. i have something like $1600 in wheels and tires alone.

you have a front end conversion?

maybe they'll total it out and you can buy it back from the insurance company with a clear title for a couple hundred bucks

I wouldn't say anything about the other headlight, to me it looks like it all went at once.

^
:werd: And I would say that is close to about $3000 worth in damages too.
thats what i was thinking. $3k would be nice. that and another $2k of my own money would make the car look fantastic. i'll find out tomorrow. keep an eye out for a new paint thread.

As far as it being RHD I dont see any problems with getting your qoute. And the other headlight, dont say anything because you really cant tell that it wasnt broke before the bitch hit it.
Also I say paint it white.

Correct me if I'm wrong but, if your insurance company totals, I believe you are more or less bound to accept it. If you are the victim, which you are, and someone else's insurance company "totals" it, you can tell them to screw and give you the money to fix it. Your insurance company is going to try to stop the bleeding on your claim, but in this case, you have the final say and the most bargaining power, so, don't be afraid to use it.

As far as it being RHD I dont see any problems with getting your qoute. And the other headlight, dont say anything because you really cant tell that it wasnt broke before the bitch hit it.
Also I say paint it white.
white will be a hard one. the car was originally red, but the engine bay was already painted grey when the engine was out. i'm thinking black or blue.
Correct me if I'm wrong but, if your insurance company totals, I believe you are more or less bound to accept it. If you are the victim, which you are, and someone else's insurance company "totals" it, you can tell them to screw and give you the money to fix it. Your insurance company is going to try to stop the bleeding on your claim, but in this case, you have the final say and the most bargaining power, so, don't be afraid to use it.
yeah, when i talked to the estimator he told me that i need to show the car's value so they don't total it, but if they do, i can buy it back. i don't want a rebuilt title on it though. i would rather take less of a settlement than have a total and buy it back. in the long run, i would end up with close to the same amount of money in my pocket.

in NY you can buy your own car back from the insurance company with a clear title

in NY you can buy your own car back from the insurance company with a clear title
yeah, hopefully i can do that if they decide they want to total it. but i have about 10k worth of receipts.
Good luck, that blows big time.
we'll see how bad it blows after i get a check. i need to do some work on the car tonight to get it prepped for inspection. i haven't been driving it and it needed front end work to begin with. maybe i'll come out a little on top on this one.

28 days later still no check. called the insurance company and they still can't reach her. she is dodging the company. if they don't reach her, they will drop her from the policy. whoop de fucking doo.... they don't pay me, they drop her, she's off scott free.

called the cops. they can't do anything. i'm going to go to the neighbors house today and verify all the info that i already have. might have to take this into my own hands. fuck I hate this shit. some people have a perfect life and some are just shit on 24/7. i'm the one who is shit on.

wtf? why does you getting paid from her insurance have anything to do with the insurance company contacting her?

call your insurance company and have them call her insurance company. they will resolve it.

wtf? why does you getting paid from her insurance have anything to do with the insurance company contacting her?

call your insurance company and have them call her insurance company. they will resolve it.
i dunno, i guess they have to confirm that is actually happened. I'll have to go to my insurance today. i was hoping to leave them out of it.

the police report 'proves it actually happened'.

don't go anywhere. call them, give them the police report ID, and the chicks insurnace comapny and claim id if you have one

Back