Argument paper for making getting licenses harder

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

More tests, etc. means more money would have to be spent. Also, higher fees will contribute to more funding for roads.

Many people believe they can't live without their cars, but they never tried alternate means of transportation. People just prefer cars because it's more convenient.

If it's for commercial reasons, then the license would still depend on the skill and type of vehicle. Some companies would probably even pay for the classes or train you themselves.

More tests, etc. means more money would have to be spent. Also, higher fees will contribute to more funding for roads.

Many people believe they can't live without their cars, but they never tried alternate means of transportation. People just prefer cars because it's more convenient.

If it's for commercial reasons, then the license would still depend on the skill and type of vehicle. Some companies would probably even pay for the classes or train you themselves.

you try and communte without your car for a week. its diferent when you dont have a car and you have to make do. I think your vering off the origional topic. Your not going to make the world safer by making obtainig a liscense harder.
your just going to piss off alot of people and make the world a worst place. We alsready have enough people who drive on suspended liscense. Dont make it harder, make it more challenging. Bring back parallel parking, make up a new road training coarse with a raised passing grade.

europe has one major advantage over us:
their public transit system makes ours look like it was designed by 2yr olds.

seriously, ours sucks.

they pay higher taxes over there i beleive, but their transits, roads, and educational systems are much better tha ours.

I have already done that; two months month without a car. All I did was ride the bus and walk, get ride, or ride bike to work.

Part of making getting license harder is the more challenging courses. I'm just saying, money for roads would have to come from somewhere: for the classes money would have to be spent out of pocket. If anything the increased costs is just the money out of pocket for classes and maybe slight tax increase on the car depending on type.

People can be pissed off all they want but it gets rid of those people who can't drive and those who take driving for granted off the road, and sort of forces some people to use public transportation. People are just lazy these days. If you want to get a license, all you have to do is save a little extra money and go to driving school. Plenty of part-time works can afford to go to community college, so I don't see it as a big of an issue some may think it is.

Also, this would force an improvement in our public transportation system. I guess I should throw that in there. This wouldn't be able to pass instantly, there would have to be preparations.

Last edited:
i see what your saying. But i sure would hate to pay 50 bucks for a piece of laminate with my pic in it. And 10 bucks to renew.

hmmm ... it might be breaking the law. But if its for passing you still shouldnt be cruising in it going 60 ...

it goes both ways.

Its even worse...6-thirty-mother fucking-5.

I swear to god, texas should adopt the no cruising in the left lane policy that so many other states have. Getting pulled over for it is like not stopping at a red light (to turn right), but i think fewer people would do it if they knew they could get a ticket for it.

FUCKING RAWR.

I like the idea for this paper though. And Id actually like to see these things implemented.

Its even worse...6-thirty-mother fucking-5.

hahaha .... im kinda guilty of cruising in it but im atleast passing everyone in the other 3-4 lanes. so like ... i dunno ... i speed ill admit but really only on that road because i drive it every day from 75 to 30 and i swear they might as well make the speed limit on it 70 because everyone does it anyways

yeah i work in richardson and live off of 30 and galloway....i know exactly what you mean. 90MPH to work...except when grama's in that lane.

10MPH home (except last night...i dont know who killed all the commuters last night...it was lonely).

hahah yeah luckily i get to HOV in the mornings and i leave to head home at noon ... so i dodnt have to mess with that traffic lol

ive never even had the urge to get in the HOV in the mornings...its smooth sailing all the way to richardson (at 8:30-9am). ON THE WAY BACK THOUGH....if i didnt have russ martin to listen to, id definitely hop over those flimsy lane dividers.

Back