arp bolts and rod cap issue

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

hmglauj

when pastigauging the rod bearing clearances, my rod cap got stuck! i've pound on it with my rubber hammer til the the hammer broke and still no luck (this was the only way i've heard of taking rod caps out when stuck)...was able to get it out by taking off all the main caps and yanking the crankshaft out...the rod bearing seemed damaged as result...has anyone ever had this problem with arp rod bolts and their rod cap?

no.....dont touch it..take it some where else.....this can cause seriouse problems later

Originally posted by formby@Mar 21 2005, 03:22 PM
no.....dont touch it..take it some where else.....this can cause seriouse problems later
[post=476564]Quoted post[/post]​

if i can measure the rod bearing clearances without the cap problem, i can blue print everything...i dont see any problems with that, correct me if im wrong

the point is that it does not seem like youre qualified to do it....dont get me wrong....its just that if you fuck up the measurement or anything you can kiss you sweet build goodbye.....better safe than sorry

You need to tap on the bolts with a hard plastic hammer or a dead blow, a rubber mallett will not do the job, it just rebounds and doesn't put much force into whatever you are hammering.

thanks nfn, didn't think about the mallet that way....

formby - i doubt i warped anything with the mallet, checking clearance specs isn't all that hard. thanks for the input though

Back