ARP Bolts worth it?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

HatchSpeeD

...Hi...
Finally installing my B16 transmission & ofcourse while it's out it well get a new clutch. Looking into action clutch (1md).
Anyway is it really worth getting arp flywheel/pp bolts? Should I just use the used oem ones?

Do any of use guys run them? People may say, yea get the ARP!...but never use them. I do run arp headstuds/rod bolts but specifically I mean the flywheel/clutch bolts.

Someone else told me just run the oem with blue locktite.

i dont think the flywheel bolts are really a big issue. although it cant hurt to have them. i personally just used the OEM ones.

Thanks Blanco, I'm glad to see I'm a big boy. What I'm doing is trying to come to my own conclusion but I need the data first. It's a no brainer when it comes to things that Honda reccommends replacing after one use, hence the arp head studs. This is the first built motor I've ever had, so I'm learning as I go. My budget is kind of tight & would like to install this transmission asap because things we're held up for such a long time & I have other things that need to be done after the transmission is in.
I'm not one to skimp out on things so if I feel as if it's absolutely a must to run arp bolts, I will wait till I have extra cash to get them but at the same time, if the oem bolts will suffice & I don't have much money, well then why get them. I also have to look at my setup. If I was running a 500+whp boosted beast, I would be definetly getting the bolts for the OEM bolts would never see such clamping power of a clutch used to handle that application. With my current setup, I'd be lucky to see over 200whp because i'm only running ITR cams (for now). At the sametime, the 1MD will engage a lot harder & factor in it being unsprung.

I appreciate the input & am trying to do exactly what you we're suggesting. Hence the post here (& other boards), for these are some of my "sources".

Last edited:
I've run well over 200 hp with the factory flywheel and pressure plate bolts(not even new) and not had an issue. But on the flip side, I've never run an unsprung clutch. If money was tight, I may want to get just the pressure plate bolts, if I was you.

Back