ARP Rod bolts & Head bolts

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Utrax42

I'm building my 11.4:1 CR SOHC. I'm looking for ways to save money where its SAFE to.
With that CR and a rev limit of about 7K Should I be seriously considering ARP head and rod bolts? I need new Head bolts anyway & am told the price dif. is only $40 bucks but are they necessary for 11.4:1 CR?
Also, the rod bolts have been through one rebuild already. Are the rod bolts usually a weak link in a build?
Thanks guys!

Rod bolts only need to be replaced if you're going with higher power/higher RPM setups. It's not necessary but as stated before, it's just peace of mind.

As far as the head studs are concerned; I recommend them just because they're reusable(Honda recommends replacing the head bolts every time you take them off).

Ok I got my ARP rod bolts and installed them but I have a question on the torque.
I stretched them by torquing to 26 Ft. lbs the three times. My Haynes Honda manuel says to torque rod bolts to 23 ft lbs to run on. So do I use 23 or 26 ft lbs to run the engine on? Thanks guys!

Awesome man!. I know that the head bolt torque for stock head bolts are 22 and 44ft/lbs. ARP is 35 and 55ft/lbs for head studs. That's just a reference. That reference is for the D16a6/D16y8 motor.

Back