ARP Rod Bolts

Should I replace the OEM rod Bolts with ARP?

• Total voters

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

brian11to1

The reason im asking is becuase I dont plan on reving the engine past the stock rev limiter of a virgin PR4 ECU. So should I do or not? Do I need them, do I have to tear the engine down completely? Of course in the future I'll be tearing the enigne down to rebuild for all-motor. But the engine is just going in stock for now, just so my car runs. they only cost $50 (or less) should I spend the extra money and do it now, or do it later when I rebuild for all-motor. Engine is completely stock, other than the Custom IM. But it will not see rev's more than 6500 or 7000.

What engine is this? How much power are you going for? I wouldn't worry about it unless you have an LS bottom end, they have weak rod bolts.

It's a B20B Bottom end. Right now, I just need it to run.

If you have the engine all torn apart I would go ahead and replace them now instead of having to replace them later on down the road.

Since you seem to just want it to run then you should be fine on the stock ones. Im the kind of guy where if I have something torn apart Im going to do everything I can while it is torn apart so I dont have to do it later.

Yeah- don't bother, especially if you're just going to use it in stock form and not rev past the stock limiter. There's no point. To replace the rod bolts, you're going to want to remove the rods, and that does require a full teardown.

Right now the engine is simple sitting on an Engine STand in Short Block Mode (no head) so removing the pistons wouldnt be that hard, I just dont want to replace the Rings and Bearings. so I think Ill wait until rebuild time to do this.

Originally posted by Calesta@Dec 13 2004, 08:42 AM
Yeah- don't bother, especially if you're just going to use it in stock form and not rev past the stock limiter. There's no point. To replace the rod bolts, you're going to want to remove the rods, and that does require a full teardown.
[post=431199]Quoted post[/post]​
I agree.

Back