ARP Rod Bolts

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

brian11to1

Can this be installed with the engine still in tact or does the engine need to be torn down and ARP rod bolts installed?

Originally posted by pissedoffsol@Apr 18 2005, 12:11 PM
you need to pull the Valve cover, and cams
[post=488297]Quoted post[/post]​

To install rod bolts? Dont think so...

Brian

bah, im an idiot. i read this as head studs.

lol

naw, just drop the oil pan, windage tray, and there you are. remove the ( and the two bolts. put the arp bolts on the ( cap and tighten to spec.

Originally posted by pissedoffsol@Apr 19 2005, 08:57 AM
bah, im an idiot. i read this as head studs.

lol

naw, just drop the oil pan, windage tray, and there you are. remove the ( and the two bolts. put the arp bolts on the ( cap and tighten to spec.
[post=488648]Quoted post[/post]​

I knew it. Ok, I was told something had to be machined for em to fit or some shit... what about rod bearings?

i dunno.. i guess that would depend on your rod brand??

Originally posted by brian11to1@Apr 19 2005, 09:03 AM
I knew it. Ok, I was told something had to be machined for em to fit or some shit... what about rod bearings?
[post=488652]Quoted post[/post]​

Isnt that just for the 9mm bolts? i was reading around on either m24x or H-T forums and they were talking about it.

Hmm... I dont know... that's more than likely the reason I asked... I searched this site and HT to no avail, so fuck it. Ill just wait to replace em when I build for Boost.

So basically whoever told me I could basically change em out, was an idiot and doesnt know anything? And, essentially I have to removce the engine, disassemble at least the head, and rods. Thus ending up replacing the bolts, headgasket, etc...

Brian

Back