arrested for something i didnt do

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

l_toknee_l

to make a long story short . i just got arrested this weekend at the club . i came into the club for no more than 15 mins . while i was dancing and talking to some friends . about 10 cops came up to me and tackled me down to the floor . they arrested me and dragged me out into the alleyway and threw me into the squad car for no reason . they didnt even read me my rights or nothing . after asking the cops a dozen times why am i getting arrested they replied it was because two bouncers pointed out i was the one who started a fight in the other room even though they dont have any evidence or witnesses and i wasnt even aware they was a fight in the other room . and they also took two of my other friends for the same reason . i spent like about 8 hours in jail for nothing . and got charged with :

1. disorderly conduct
2. 3rd degree assault

this is the first time ive been in this mess and i dont know what to do . im about to call up a lawyer . but i was wondering if anyone on here could give me some advice or anything at all would be helpful to help prove my innocence . like what my rights are and what can i do to fight it in court . thanks .

Originally posted by saturn_boy96@Aug 12 2003, 12:58 PM
just don't start fights in clubs.

i dont think he did. sounds like he got pointed out.

clubs are the worst of all places to pick a fight... i know i used to work at one... all it takes is a phone call and every cop in the area will be there... on one side of the club we have mirrors from the floor to the celing ... well one night some drunk dude said something wrong.. and his head went into the mirror.. looked like a wind sheild from a wrecked car.. 7 units were there in under 3-4 mins... or u get stupid dicks who get kicked out.. and attack the bouncers cause they want to get back in the club.. word of advice.. dont' be a bouncer at a club, be either the boss, a bar tender, or the dj.. it's safer :lol:

also u could have been pointed out cause of club lighting.... it makes the ugly people look good, and it's easy to look like someone else... all u need to do is wear the same shirt and ur screwed

Originally posted by DylanTheKid@Aug 12 2003, 10:17 AM
also u could have been pointed out cause of club lighting.... it makes the ugly people look good

:lol:
so true, beer goggles dont help much either :eek:

call a lawyer.

Secondly, If they didnt read you your rights, thats your exit right there.

head to mexico yO!

nah get a decent lawyer. yes it will cost you some bucks, but its worth it. and im not sure about the laws where you live and how old you are, your previous record, ect, but here those 2 offenses would probably be nothing more than a hefty fine and maybe like a year of probation for a first time offender.

Good luck to ya man......

Originally posted by sisteve@Aug 12 2003, 02:31 PM

Bingo. If they didn't read you your rights, it will get dropped instantly. I got off 100% scotch free with different charges but they didn't read me my rights and I got one of my friends to testify.

Originally posted by sisteve@Aug 12 2003, 01:31 PM
call a lawyer.

He's right, but it doesn't matter cause I'm calling 1st degree bullshit!! You have 14 posts, did you come here looking for legal advice or help with a honda. If you ment to type legalswap.com and fat fingured your way here you need to PM LSVTEC cause I think you guys should be friends :lol: .

Sorry mang but it just sounds like a plea to get attention on a board, NOT GOING TO WORK!!

This court finds you guilt of being a N00B!! You are herby sentenced to being own3d by Silverchild79!!

:owned:

it doesn't seem like he's trying to get attention, i'd give him the benefit of doubt.

if it was me i'd me trying to get help from any source possible too. what happend to mr. law school tonyd aka karnash? maybe you should pm him or something.

edit: this guy's been here longer than you have, silverchild. :p who you calling a n00b.

clubs suck for fights and everyone looks similar in the dark... maybe mis-idetified or maybe the bouncer just didnt like you

Originally posted by word@Aug 12 2003, 08:38 PM
it doesn't seem like he's trying to get attention, i'd give him the benefit of doubt.

if it was me i'd me trying to get help from any source possible too. what happend to mr. law school tonyd aka karnash? maybe you should pm him or something.

edit: this guy's been here longer than you have, silverchild. :p who you calling a n00b.

Wow!
You're right!
silverchild since nov 02
to um... other dude since oct 02

Sorry silver, but you got :owned: on that one!

ouch...

neway...where is this kid at?

...my mom works for a law firm maybe you could call up and give him a ring theyre pretty decent guys pretty good at helping kids out but if your not on the east coast idk what to tell you except go in there and tell the truth youll get off the ppl who my mom works for only have bar licenses for NJ and PA but idk maybe they could point you in the right direction or smoething i know how it feels so just stay calm and what not if you didnt start anything you have nothing to worry about

best of luck bro

well thanks for all the help guys . i just talked to a lawyer yesterday and the things he told me made me more relieved . i feel more comfortable about going to court now because he told me most likely they would drop this case because of the incidents that took place . he told me i could sue since they didnt read me my rights . also me and a friend tried to obtain any kind of footage from the club that night but the people there were being asses and didnt want to help . obviously you know why . so when i go in for my preliminary ill just plead not guilty . and if they do decide to take me to trial . the lawyer told me i could sue just for lost wages and other fees like court or lawyer fees and also get a little money on the side too . maybe i can actually get that turbo kit i always wanted . ahaha . it would be enough to make me forget about this whole ordeal . well thanks again .

Okay, yeah he beat me on here by two weeks, then did nothing, and has 15 posts :thumbsup: great. I really just don't see the cops doing something like that, not to say it doesn't happen cause we all know better. I thin this is more a cry for attention then anything else, my opinion.

Back